The Lure Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one guys!

I've said it before but I LOVE having to strike at that little knock or suddenly 'different' feel.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
cracking report guys and a real well done to Callum. Put in the hours and get the rewards eh. That all being said, I f*cking HATE you!

Does MR FISH have paddle tails?

P.S I hate the name sea rats lol

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Keith
On the subject of lights would a red light scare bass off??
Some headlamps are fitted with a red light feature.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, we use them to tie knots, search through bags etc and negotiating easy rocks.

Does red light scare Bass ?

Yes, we think so.

Tests have been made by reliable sources by guy's actually watching it scare them.

You don't need a light to actually fish anyway.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
yea, we use them to tie knots, search through bags etc and negotiating easy rocks.

Does red light scare Bass ?

Yes, we think so.

Tests have been made by reliable sources by guy's actually watching it scare them.

You don't need a light to actually fish anyway.

Yes I meant for using the red light feature rather than the white light for exactly the reasons that you mention

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i think green light better to use than red if you dont want to spook fish

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wavelength

Red light should be used exclusively. Green light will destroy you night vis and is very efficient at penetrating water.

Red light is the best colour for retaining your valuable night vision, any other colour will instantly ruin it. It can take up to 3/4 of an hour to get your eyes fully adapted to night vision. Red light will reduce the efficiency but it will only take 5-10 mins to get your vision back to fully dark adapted. Any other colour will be worse than this.

Red light is the longest wavelength within the visible light spectrum therefore it is the worst at penetrating water so it will only affect fish that are within the top 2-3 meters as any deeper it starts to be dispersed.

Obviously a relatively dim light should be used and it should never be directly pointed at the water, Keep your back to the water if u need to use light, and try to use slightly averted vision in order to maintain as much night vis as possible.

Astronomers will only use red light as any loss in pupil dilation will massively reduce the amount of light that can enter the eye.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
point taken cheers fin i use a dim red light any way but its still good to know why

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts