The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be in Plymouth on Wednesday so was thinking of combining it with a quick jaunt on one of the many piers or breakwaters after dark? Have spoken to Mike previously and thought Mountbatten Pier may be a good idea? Any other thoughts? I should be around from about 6ish?

Anybody keen to join and give it a go?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i will try and get down in the evening if i can mate, transport issues ect at the moment.
You will be fishing the last side of the ebb till around 8 ish then it should start flooding again mate. if your fishing a low water time have you considered devils point? dropps into deeper water there on the end mate lots od mini species hag there too.
Mt batten drops right off on low water in my experiences.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally 100% open to other people's ideas mate. I don't know the area at all. What's Devils point like in the way of lighting and general layout? Ideally I just want somewhere comfortable and lit to mess around?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
there is a rock mark that runs from eastern kings on the left all the way along to western kings and devils on the end you can walk the entire mark in 15 minutes as for lighting its black as a cows guts mate.
Though bit of lighting at devils shoudnt affect the fishing too much as the end is a raised platform high above the water right into deep water.
Others are mutton cove, in devonport a lit pier there into deep water and a small harbour mouth there usualy wrasse around loads of pollock and whitting about at the moment.
elphinstone on the hoe car park right next to railings again into deep water there always worth a shot. west hoe pier a little further along mate.
Theres a couple to be going on with mate. ;-)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks like I'll be going down to Porthleven on Thursday, and was going to add on a little diversion to meet Mike.
See how I get on finishing up my drawings & maybe I'll try to juggle a few things around to fit this in as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep, thanks for that mike. Plenty to get me started but look out, I'll be bring a note book! Stacks of questions.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
anytime mate, i have a file locked away in the old grey cells called secret patterns;-) I have your bits all ready found some dumbell eyes too mate i had left over.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'll happily meet up Ben. There are a few places around Plymouth Hoe' waterfront that should hold the usual whitefish targets as well as various species of Wrasse and rock species. Low tide part is a bit of a bummer, but some easy marks and can cover a fair bit of ground quickly around there.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keen on whatever you guys suggest. Mike, will reply to PM later :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
no worrie i have just fished the marina and elphinstone wind was tunneling through and a 10gram head had issues though i was getting knocks using x layers they are just too big so there are mini species around the hoe mars at present should be a few more after dark.
Would suggest either devils or mutton cove for thhe tid states still provide a bit more water than the hoe at the moment.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mutton cove in that case, if Devils is pitch black.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i have mate fishing mutton tonite for a couple of hours he is going to text the results of what happens this evening mate parking is easy there too so no issues. Devils is like a cows guts mate.
Mutton allows fishing all the way along richmond walk so plenty of room to wander along there too. i will message through when i get the catch report from tonite mate.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice one. If no good then we'll delay it a bit for better tides and calmer weather.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
no worries, he is headed down now, for a couple of hours and then switching to north corner to fish the floating pontoon another lit area with parking. going to get a messge in couple of hours mate. let you know soon as i know.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just has a text from mate thats out fishing at the moment, he has been fishing mutton for an hour, and had pollock and whitting, then moved down to the floating pontoon at north corner and bumbled around there had small bass, rockling wrasse and pin whitting and smll pollock. All approaching low water.
So it seems that both of thos are fishing at the moment so either is possable.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ben,

get out a map and check winds. Devils point would be great if winds are not in your face. Winds are shifting throughout the day tomorrow. Most marks will be the same. Would love to join you but out fishing during the day and have to collect kids in evening.

have fun and post a report.

Nick

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I too can't come tomorrow, so good luck Ben if you do end up going. The winds don't look too bad for tmw night. Devils & then following the rocks around the corner to Western Kings should offer you plenty of ground to fish or like Mike says Mutton Cove/Mount Wise or West Hoe/Elphinstone. Loads of places!!

1 - 20 of 149 Posts