The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not got timeo a quck one now.

I went out Friday evening lookng for shallower water with tide rips close in. Found one, reckon it was 8-10ft deep and a roaring current 20 yards out.

I tried some shad tails on 7g shad heads just tripping through and had a few taps but managed to miss them, couple of casts this hapenned then I managed to lose a load of heads and lures. Not to worry as I was soon pushed off the mark by the incoming tide anyway. Mark noted.

The rest of th weekend has seen me on SP's through the island tryng to find a fish of any species and not doing very well.

In fact the best I did was this old girl who had ventured within range of my chesties while munching on some weed on a steep barnacle face rock leading into deep water.

Tasty so the boy says after I cooked it yesterday morning and he's eaten most of it now.

So I guess it wasn't a total loss of a weekend, just nothing fishy. I had a couple of possible bites OTD last night into darkness, well as dark as it gets this time of year. I can only descibe what they felt like as when you are surf fishing and the waves pluck your line. I don't know if those were bites or not but I hit them with no hookup if they were.

SpiderDan..JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Andy and no fish is not through want of trying, keep at it things will get better !

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You continue to fish it hard over there Andy, and you will be duly rewarded !! Keep at it !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts