The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A mixed Bag

Smallish tide today and a force 3 Wind made us believe that it be difficult today. However fishing on the S/E coast resulted in Derek Buesnel and I catching 5 bass the biggest about 3 lbs a nice pollack of a similar weight plus a number of smaller pollack.

This was also accompanied by a number of Mackerel caught in shallow water of about 8ft

A nice Pollack caught on a Manns Hard Nose worm fished very slowly on a 6g jig head

a 2.5lb bass caught on a soft plastic shad tail lure fished in a similar method to the pollack. Excuse the standard of photographs but sometimes the fishing is more important

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Alan,
Looks like fun !...........Just jealous of the weather and scenery...never mind about the fish.....;-)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you come over as the comp winner I have told **** that my boat is available as well so we may meet up yet

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I hope so Alan. Look forward to meeting you. **** was suggesting some sort of competition when I talked to him earlier....for who buys the beers???

Do you like malt whisky by any chance?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice work Alan. I've heard there are a few bigger pollack around the La Mare/Le Hocq area at the mo. Great sport on the right gear and as a much wiser man than me once said, you can only catch what's there ;-)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
The Pollack situation eludes me...

We get bigger fish Jan--March and we assume they vanish. But where ?
Every now and then, bigger ones turn up again regardless of month. Are they just visiting on a flyer or, have we got resident Pollack of size.
The SE is loaded with 3" Pollack right now along with Grasdos by the lorry load and millions of mixed size sandeels. Sometimes you can't see where your swimming for em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts