The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say lure testing... Something arrived int he post this morning, well 3 things did...

One of them I got as it's perfect for the Infeet, by far the best rod I have ever used. More praise to it today. It was faultless, no issue with any fish that's thrown at it.

I have upgraded the braid on my Plueger reel though, now on 0.13mm Power pro, it did have 0.10mm power pro when I had those two 9-12's but i'm moving to rougher ground so decided to go heavy to the 0.13mm with a 15lb flouro leader.

Well i found a likely spot, movement in the water, looked good but suspended weed everywhere. I just knew there would be fish though, it looked amazing.

I eventually managed to get a weed free cast in and bang. Fish on.

Good little scrapper as I tried to find a landing point.

2-12-0 - 03.07.10.jpg

^2lb 12oz on the digi's. Checked as close to club size limit of 3lb.

Next cast and it's weed free for 5 seconds which is more than enough for this little chap to have a go.

2-0-0 - 03.07.10.jpg

^ About 2lb I reckon. Quickly returned like the first one.

Next cast I moved along a bit and this time a proper take. Reel singing and rod bent nicely, several good runs later and this is in the net.

5-3-8 - 03.07.10.jpg

^ This one went 5lb 3oz 8dm on the digi's. One for the club and first one this year in my slot size to eat (between 4lb and 6lb) so it got a whack on the head and home with me, keeps the missus happy and one fillet for tonight, the other for another time.

Next cast... No not really... Weed had come in and the surf had seriously come up, I got an absolute soaking, wet inside and outside of the waders head to toe.

Had a couple more chucks but the weed had come in and no more clean runs with the lure so soaking wet but very happy I hopped home.

Oh, the lure...

IMA Sasuke 105 in Bora. Brilliant little lure. Casts a mile and perfect for the Infeet. All fish took the front hook...

And the solunar stuff for those interested... All fish came in a period of half an hour. Negative solunar index and the highest combined effect for the day. The moon goes lower negative, the joint effect is less but still negative as the moons pull is stronger than the sun. Oh yes. Moonset as well :wink:. Moonset happens in the day as well as night lads...

one happy Andy signing off. :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report Andy...you really are giving those Guernsey Bass a hammering. Top stuff....

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Nice fishing there Andy, not bad for an hours work. I've yet to understand the soluner effect but I'm sure it will eventually sink in. Don't recognise the rod....

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Thanks for sharing Andy, nice pics, btw before you changed over to the .13 pp what leader were you using with the .10?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
nice to read, what Pflueger reel is it? And what powerPro in lbs?

Cheers and thx in advance
Thomas
The Pflueger I think is a supreme. Got it off Mark Sleep so he might remember. Good reel with great drag system but no service port so it's getting a bit grindy now, need to open her up and oil etc. Not looking forward to that.

The Power pro label for 0.13mm says 8kg but I understand from recent reading that this is a mis labelling in Europe and it's actually 8lb. See Vidar posts on the subject.

Thanks for sharing Andy, nice pics, btw before you changed over to the .13 pp what leader were you using with the .10?
Same leader but I have lost my spool of 15lb so am on 20lb at the moment, til I find some cash to buy some more.

Don't recognise the rod....
Daiwa Infeet

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Andy

Great stuff. I'm very interested in the solunar stuff, so info like that for all your trips would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts