The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know i always promise too keep it brief and always fail in spectacular style, but not on this one!

Daz and I fished a mark this evening and it looked good. Overcast, flooding tide and good clarity.
Daz struck first when a lovely fat 4lber crunched his static baby chug-
Just over 4lb on the boga-

One happy chappie-

Top predator-

I then missed one on the Asturie and then hooked into one of about 2lb that was camera shy.
It went quiet for an hour then so I moved further along the coast and Daz went the other direction.
Luck was on my side as I located a shoal in some glass calm water. I had a few swirls and dropped two fish before getting three in three casts! (All on the Asturie)They were all schoolies of about 2-2.5 pounds so I slipped them back without pics.
I called Daz to come over but the shoal had spooked a bit.
We both had a few more hits and swirls but no more hook ups before bad light and waiting WAG's stopped play.

All in all another top session on the surface lures with great company too boot. Cheers Daz!

Cheers Nath

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Nath, well done to you both :p

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well done Nathan looks like things are really firing up there. Great shot of Darren as well, good to see him with fish in hand, sounds like a great session as well.[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers John, shame it's a week too late!
You know how too find us now if you fancy a session!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great evening nath,good fun matey.That asturie is takin the fish good and propper.That bass really hit that static bug hard and fought bloody well for its weight.....god i love surface fishing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
well done again guys, good to see its worth giving it a go on the top in bright sunshine(all be it at a low angle which probably made the difference) and after last week i am now more than happy to fish up top in very coloured water as well,just goes to show that our long held beliefs are there to be shot down .....

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice going mate, your on fire!! Great report and pics! Well done on your 'hat trick' :-D I had my first the other day, what a feeling!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts