The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this evening hoping to finally land a fish on the Isle of Man the sea trout finally played ball and came ashore for a quick pic and release came in just over the 1kg mark on my old dodge scales so dont know how accurate that weight is,, the take off the sea trout was one of the most powerful hits iv ever got nearly pulled the rod out of my hand followed by a strong run peeling line of the reel at a lightning pace a couple of jumps and then steamed into the shore a bit of evrything in that fight ....a while later got a bite that was a bit different but familiar and mak was on which gave a great account of itself....
Then the surprise fish of the evening came when I hooked a fish which at first gave a head shake then gave up and skated in across the surface it turned out to be a small codling a first for me on the lure,, so happy with that..... just at dusk tried the fly for the off chance there might be a few mak chasing the sprats I saw close in as I arrived but no luck nice to get the fly rod out again and brush up on the casting.......so finally off the mark on manx waters hopefully a sign of things to come for the rest of my time here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done and a great report, keep them coming !

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a nice mixed bag - lovely evening session!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful Sea Trout, love fishing for them.
And a well done on the codling, never seen one taken spinning before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts