The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got out late today had the use of a friends rib , Only to find out the boat was low on jungle juice , fuel pumps closed , cut a long storey short we were able to borrow a can to get out , so filled up **** puts the rib astern !! AAHHH the bloody boats filling up with water , pull into pontoon borrow a bucket bail out at least 20 x 10 Lt buckets wow ,
So out we go , Cant get as far as Alan so we are restricted with a leaky boat ....
Well the fishing was slow just before the low water which made it a waiting game for the tide to flood & when it started it poured in making for some amazing current to fish in first blood to me with this 5lb bass ..

Followed a while later with one for **** at 5lb 4oz ...
Then we tried between some heads with very fast flowing tide when i got nailed by this ....
5lb wrasse..

All fish were taken on Zonks , very pleasing , we also ended up with several pollack up in the 2lb plus range .

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Super report Bob, well done to you both :clap:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Blimey, The two of you had a good day!!
Lovely bass and rockie-good pics too.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Perseverance pays off hey Bob!

Great report and catches too.

Is that a "Bob's Yellow Patchinko" coloured Zonk there?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Cracking day lads, some lovely fish there.............:-D:-D:-D:-D

Has it put **** off having a Rib Bob...........

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
It was just how Bob said, nightmare with the no petrol saga, but we sorted that only to find the whole bilge and bulkhead/lockers below the deck were already full of water. As we didnt know the boat was full of water as its a rib I nailed it in reverse to pull away from the pontoon and a second or two later we are up to the top of our wellies in water!! Just as well HMS Lure Bag was on a seat or it would have floated out the back end!

Anyhoo by the time we got out there we had missed the droppong tide so we loited round like guilty school boys knowing the girls would be along as soon as the tide started. Not being out on the boat for a few weeks we had to decide as we went where we would fish, alot of the other guys were the other side of Icho tower, thats alot further east than we went, we stayed withing half a mile of St Helier harbour really.

When the tide picked up the whole place came to life, it was a bass anglers dream, it just got rougher, more swell, more white water, it looked exactly how I dream it should look out there. Result was sound, would have been nice to get a few more but to be honest it could have been alot worse. Still time to get a few trips in before the winter stops play. Bon temps.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done for getting past the boat issues guys. That really is an amazing looking wrasse Bob. And both those bass are better than anything I have had this season :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts