The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a bit of time since I landed one (coming up to two years ) But a co Down bass of any size is a rare beast at the best of times. After losing one to the weed on saturday past had to head out again and cover some ground. Got there with still a bit of the flood to go and was into a sea trout on my 3 cast it looked big at even at long range came out of the water 3 times and then the hook pulled. Covered a lot of ground too day but not to many fish showing. As the tide droped and I had been on my feet for bit and as my back was getting a kinda sore from all the walking over the ruff stuff had seat on rock to mull things over as you do Was watching a tern working a long the shore seen it dive 3 times in the one spot and that's all I needed so on with a mag popper and started to work the lure around the area were the bird was. As they say its all about location of the food source and the predators should not be to far away.. Anyway had this wee chap ok not the biggest bass in the world but I was over the moon with it

must remember to set the date & time on the camera

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well done tom a fine bass

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Tom ........and what a landscape in the background..........

·
Registered
382 Posts
Arghh, if they are in Down, they are certainly in Louth. I had a lot of Blanks at a few Bassy spots in Louth. Love to catch a Bass in my home county seeing as they are so rare up here. Well done Tom.

Conor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts