The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did not go out early , instead launched at lunch time high water to fish the dropping tide , the weather was very good plenty sunshine with a slight ripple ( nice ).
Fished several heads that have produced fish in the past few sessions !!! nothing time to move on , so down to the green island area Top water for me , **** still on his Rudra , set up a drift over some nice weeded heads fairly shallow anyhow looked good .... cast out the top water a little number i purchased in Nantes 1st time out for this baby,
Treju 108 popper
**** casts out starts his retrieve **** stuck fast i`ll just creep forward to get above the lure says **** and free it !!
Splash B******s boat moves bass misses the treju aaahhh, Dont worry says i get ur lure back first , we can see it stuck fast on weed .. snap bugger there goes ***** favorite OSP Rudra .. time to move tide dropping fast ,
we find some nice shallow waters turns working sort of noisey little sods , anyway stop the boat great bit of tide in this area both now on the topwater stuff Treju108 against the baby patchinko , what a great bit of sport on the Injections both taking several fish , all around the pound mark .
All goes quite for a while so heading back we try several alternate marks zilch...
Then we remembered a good low water spot , full steam ahead on arrival ooohh tides still moving , quick change of lures **** arms himself with a megabass cant remember the name a diving lure me has to be the feed shallow this one
.. one of my favorites
A couple of casts later band fish on the shallow easy 3lb fish , then **** wallop fish on , quick move back and start again , cast bang feed shallow strikes again 4lb fish on the boga quick unhook and away she went , a couple more fish then nothing , so we started to head home to good to be true we see a fantastic looking head with tide so its a Quick change of lures to the new weighted red-gills when **** nails this little beauty

Last fish of the day home time ..

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Bob and well done to both of you, bought the same lure in Nantes as well, will try it out soon :p

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You little tigers! You just can't beat it in my opinion. Two buddies out on the boat, catching fish, having a laugh! BRILLIANT! True bumblers! Nice one guys!

·
Registered
228 Posts
It was hard work but we manged 9 bass and a pollack. Those new red Gill are awesome guys, and dare I say it....they are better than Sidewinders in my opinion.
Have to agree there ****,they weighted just right.

Good report Bob

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice report Bob, was out Sunday with a friend and we had a 5lb'r. Just love this time of year and must start practising with the top water stuff. Is **** stocking the weighted redgills?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Great report Bob!! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts