The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going too have too be quick guys as the Beer is calling me!!!!!!
I'll try not too go on and let the pics do the talking, but a quick intro.
Myself, Daz and Fin C were up super early and on our way to a chosen mark before sunrise this morning. On the way though I told the guys I'd had a few good healthy fish earlier in the week off a new mark using topwaters(as this pic shows).

A quick change of route and we were all geared up with our lighter rods and a selection of top water plugs clipped on, eagerly spreading out too our chosen spots. Conditions were perfect no sun, flat calm and pretty clear.
After Half an hour of nothing i started too feel i'd have been better off keeping my mouth shut and let Daz take us too the origanal mark. (I'm sure I heard Fin cursing ME! LOL).
10 more mins I thought, as the sun was about too beat the horizon and put an end too topwaters for the day, on went the classic(and vastly under used Spook), halfway back in it's walking away lovely when a bass rudely interupts the silence and smashes it off the top. Great, fish on! A nice little scrap ensues and a little spiky is landed without too much fuss.

After the initial relief of avoiding the blank we have another quiet 40 mins or so with Daz getting a couple of follows and not much else. The Sun is up now and has just broke through the clouds so I put on a Dice Baycrap too get just below the surface. Daz starts making his way over too suggest we move on, baycrap goes out. Cranking it nice and fast, Daz is ten feet away, the baycrap 15 ft away and whollop my rod folds as a fish erupts out of the water, Baycrap in its jaws.
A good run with some head shakes lets me know its a good fish before it weeds it's self solid. After a couple of minuites if slack line, hard tugs and a bit of cursing she finslly free's up and Daz is perfactly in position too land her for me(what a guide).

She was another strong healthy fish that went about 4 and 3/4 on the boga.

We slipped her back and that was that for that mark, with no more action we decided too head off to another mark that Daz had found that looked really special.

On arrival we were gobsmacked with the place truly stunning, but felt the tide was n't quite right for bass but we may be in with ashout of some pollock and wrasse.
On went and an Ayu X-layer, second cast, bang little pollock for me and Fin follows with another couple.

On retrieving my X-layer past a ledge a cracking looking fish chases it but turns away at the last minute. I shout too Fin and Daz that a good fish followed, I don't think they believe me. I quickly chuck back in and retrieve past it again, same fish follows, knock off the bail arm let it drop, it stops I strike and i'm rewarded with a singing drag.
At three pounds it's a great way too get my first
wrasse on S.P's.

Fin then gets in on the action using paddle tails and X-layers

I then get another, again on the X-layer

Great stuff.
We then moved too a final mark with the hope of some better pollock but time is running out . All that obliges is another Wrasse for Fin.

All in all another cracking day with great company and I can't say thanks enough too this guy-

For putting us on some great marks.
Hope that wasn't too long winded. (if I've forgotten anything i'll add later LOL).
Now where's that BEER.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant report Nath, and top Bumbling guys !!! Some quality angling & fish there :clap:.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
great report / catch mate it's obvious i'm fishing with the wrong welsh lads lol only joking marc and si

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great morning sesh guys.Can i just say how bloody great it is to fish with a couple of lure freaks up here,they love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nath you were midas today,feckin awsome.Fin, like usual he was so relaxed and knew fish would come and nailed wrasse for sure!Me...well ....a fart should explain it.Missed 2 follows and when it came to soft plastcs then i might aswel threw condoms at em.I felt like a man in slippons taking a penalty if you know what i mean?Anyhow
guys nath had to blank out the back ground as its his new top sport venue as its like rocking horse poo.Anyway loved it guys,glad you loved the mark.....roll on weekend.
cheers daz

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report and well done lads :p If that is what you can expect on your bumble you will all have a great time, good luck and will I try and get there next year :-D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Just a thought,could **** or someone sell an emergency poo wipes?I dont know if its me but once i clip my waders on i want a terd?nerves i reckon?nath and fin had to wait this morning because all i could find was an envelope out of my van......bloody thing had a plastic window in it and nearly sliced me in two.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Just a thought,could **** or someone sell an emergency poo wipes?I dont know if its me but once i clip my waders on i want a terd?nerves i reckon?nath and fin had to wait this morning because all i could find was an envelope out of my van......bloody thing had a plastic window in it and nearly sliced me in two.

Jujst carry a pack of Baby wipes with you Daz. Cheap as chips from Tesco, and just lovely to use :D.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nath, Brilliant report mate sums up the session nicely :) Had a fantastic morning great company and banter.. and some cracking fish thrown in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts