The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SAT
Arrived at Harlyn sands mid afternoon First thing was to go for a long walk and suss the area I soon worked out that most of the area was unfishable due to a massive swell so opted for the safer option of fishing from rocks in sheltered cove. by 7pm we were fishing Out went the Feed shallow hit almost straight away but missed it 20 mins later a change to a Tide minnow Within 30 mins 4 Bass landed to a pound and a half Went back to the van a very happy boy
SUN
Early start fishing by 5am 1 Bass landed back for breakfast The rest of the day was quiet no fish Guess it was too bright In the evening we met Ben Field and fished the spot i had caught at previously As the sun started to fade the Bass decided to play 2 Bass Tide minnow again Ben had 2 on the x-layer Nice lure that Think i will add some to my shopping list
Mon
No confidence at all very bright again The swell had dropped so in the evening we decided to fish a different reef As the sun was dropping I had 2 Bass and a nice piercing in the palm of my hand Glad i remove the barbs on my trebles now Must add Boga grip to my shopping list Fishing barbless i havent noticed a drop in hook ups Less damage to the fish though Same pain for me but easier to get out of my flesh
TUES
Chilled on the beach Did fish for an hour but no takes
WED
We drove up the coast I liked the look of it here 2 Bass later Tide minnow again Arrived a little late so decided to fish it again the next day
THURS
Arrived at just the right time I fished the tide up Had 4 Bass you can guess the lure Trouble was the swell had picked up again which made it awkward as the tide pushed in
FRI
Another day basking in the sun Fished but didnt catch

Fantastic week 15 Bass in total Walked for miles Saw some fairly big Bass swimming around the base of rocks After trying every lure in the box i failed to catch any over one and half pound Sat and watched in awe a pod of Dolphins putting on an impressive display Amazing sunsets and sunrises Booked again September See you soon Ben

Pictures may follow if i can work out how to get them on Never had problem before but every time i upload i get a message that tells me the file is too big mmmm

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Marq,

Great read and sounds like you had a fantastic week, did your better half catch more fish than you ?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Marq. Good to see you again! Really glad the area provided you with a few fish as well! I know you'd been on a bit of a fish catching drought! lol. See you soon.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice one marq. Tis a lovely area and always great to justify the trip with a few silver bars! Sean and myself had some fun around the same time you were there not too far from where you were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts