The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12/3/10
Siting at home to day board out of my tree.. Decided to have quick chuck for a sea trout so in to to the car and away for 16.30. And on the beach for 17.05 First cast and Bang sea trout on and off as quick as that A few more casts and had lost 3 more when I remembered that I should have added an extra split ring to the lure i was using. So on with an extra split ring and nailed the next hit that I got after a good wee fight I slipped the trout back. As the tide was pushing hard at this point and me with no waders on I had no choice but to pack it up and head back to the car. So not a bad 45 minutes fishing But should have done better than one five .
13/3/10
After yesterday had to get back down and give the sea trout another bash. Set around for what seemed a age waiting for the tide to make. And when it started to move made the short walk from the car down too the beach. Not as much happening to day but still had two very nice trout about 2lb each.

14/3/10
blanked but had two follows...

17/3/10
After getting 3 trout over two days last week and blanking on Sunday. Got the chance to get out to day for a hour. Turned up at H.W a bit of a swell running so had to fish the high rocks not so comfortable for spinning off. 2nd cast lost the lure that had been catching for me so on with a 15g Dexter wedge and a few casts later had a 2lb-er. Sorry for the crap pic and the bit of blood but find that they bleed like a stuffed pig. But it seemed to go back ok.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort Tom, nice report and picture, keep them coming !

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cracking stuff Tom. the sewin is a fantastic sport fish and my personal favourite! well done!!!

cant really tell from the pic, but are you finding many lice on them?
not a one Iestyn.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Luke. I find what works best for me is any of the small metals. The likes of ABU krills dexters, and so on as long as there not to big say sub 16g.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Tom, that must be an astonishing fishery you have there. To have hits or follows every trip is very cool indeed. I thought people fishing for them in the sea/estuary found them very elusive! We see them jumping around the Welsh coast when we are out bass fishing (some big ones too!) but have never had one hit my lure. Maybe one day....?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Your right in what you say Tim. Its a very good fishery that we have here for them.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep a game rod licence is required even at sea.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one!!.. good to see a few being caught hopefully there will be a few knocking around the south coast,,exactly what I wanted to see just before I get home for Easter :-D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Tom, I think i can guess where this is - if it is the same spot, I will be getting my Game licence ASAP! Im from Co. Louth, and have a spot where i know they hop like crazy during the summer evenings.

Regards

Conor

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks lads :-D but thats abit of a old report!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts