The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick report as very tired.

Went out friday in jersey, saturday in jersey, then saturday afternoon I went over to Les Ecrehous. Just got home.

Its been an ok weekend for fishing but an amazing weekend as a whole. The Ecrehous are BEAUTIFUL and they scream fish!

I took my tr4 with my 2500 rovex loaded with 10lb braid. A few shad highley recommended by Cal. (cheers)

So friday and saturday over in Jersey I managed a couple of wrasse and a couple of mackerel all caught on this shad.

Then arrived in the Ecrehous and first cast was into a wrasse, weighing in just over 3lb. This fish went like stink and for a minute it had the better of me!

Then walked down the beach about 100 years to talk to some guy who just pulled up in his boat and cast out, BANG fish on. I was nowhere near a rock it was all pebbles and it took pretty far out so I thought bass. After a good scrap I landed another wrasse. This wrasse had a porky little belly and it was weighed pictured and released nice and fast after the long scrap. 3.6lb so a new pb for me wrasse wise. Does this go in the piggy bank board?

Then as dark came I targeted a little sandbank I spotted on the boat ride in. Walked out with the tide using the same shad. It didn't take long and I was in. Now I'm NOT use to fishing moving water but f**k I honestly thought I was onto a double!!!! Rod bent over dragg screaming and I just couldn't turn the thing lol. After an amazing scrap it was landed! I had no scales but it measured 49cm and had a good size belly.

Another chuck or two saw me landing my second bass of the night and this was the way it went until the tide hit dead low.

The guys I went over with had a golden grey mullet, bream, doggie and wrasse.

Fun w/e eh!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Very good weekend Ritchie!! Well done mate!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
That's the kind of tired you don't mind....Looks like you had a great time Ritchie. Some cracking fish as well....Hope you had a few beers or glasses of wine to finish the day off properly .....;-)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Great report Ritchie and well done on the PB's! I have not been over to Les Ecrehous before, it looks lovely on google earth though.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Ritchie and well done on the PB's, brilliant stuff :-D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Quick report as very tired.

Went out friday in jersey, saturday in jersey, then saturday afternoon I went over to Les Ecrehous. Just got home.

Its been an ok weekend for fishing but an amazing weekend as a whole. The Ecrehous are BEAUTIFUL and they scream fish!

I took my tr4 with my 2500 rovex loaded with 10lb braid. A few shad highley recommended by Cal. (cheers)

So friday and saturday over in Jersey I managed a couple of wrasse and a couple of mackerel all caught on this shad.

Then arrived in the Ecrehous and first cast was into a wrasse, weighing in just over 3lb. This fish went like stink and for a minute it had the better of me!

Then walked down the beach about 100 years to talk to some guy who just pulled up in his boat and cast out, BANG fish on. I was nowhere near a rock it was all pebbles and it took pretty far out so I thought bass. After a good scrap I landed another wrasse. This wrasse had a porky little belly and it was weighed pictured and released nice and fast after the long scrap. 3.6lb so a new pb for me wrasse wise. Does this go in the piggy bank board?

Then as dark came I targeted a little sandbank I spotted on the boat ride in. Walked out with the tide using the same shad. It didn't take long and I was in. Now I'm NOT use to fishing moving water but f**k I honestly thought I was onto a double!!!! Rod bent over dragg screaming and I just couldn't turn the thing lol. After an amazing scrap it was landed! I had no scales but it measured 49cm and had a good size belly.

Another chuck or two saw me landing my second bass of the night and this was the way it went until the tide hit dead low.

The guys I went over with had a golden grey mullet, bream, doggie and wrasse.

Fun w/e eh!
Fair play m8, well done indeed. Glad you nailed some good fish and getting them in the dark....excellent.

Did you bump into Tom Newbald, he was supposed to fishing out there.. ?

Is your Wrasse a PB ? Are you in the comp ? If shore, and I believe you were, then yes, it does count.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fair play m8, well done indeed. Glad you nailed some good fish and getting them in the dark....excellent.

Did you bump into Tom Newbald, he was supposed to fishing out there.. ?

Is your Wrasse a PB ? Are you in the comp ? If shore, and I believe you were, then yes, it does count.
Tom Newbald? Not sure Keith maybe? A few guys out there fishing.

Cheers. Its one thing in the dark but another thing trying to keep in contact in the fast water eh!

Wrasse was a pb yeah. It won't put me in top 3, however its better then my previous.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Do the Ecrehous count for the shore comp if you can't get there on foot?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Do the Ecrehous count for the shore comp if you can't get there on foot?
See no reason for it not to count. It has places of resisdence.
I can't walk to Guernsey or the UK either but they count eh ?

I think there is a distinction between offshore head/reef etc but not in this case.
Good point though.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
See no reason for it not to count. It has places of resisdence.
I can't walk to Guernsey or the UK either but they count eh ?

I think there is a distinction between offshore head/reef etc but not in this case.
Good point though.
I would say it very very different. There are no ferries/public transport to the Ecrehous, you really need a private boat to get there.

I would have thought only shore fishing marks allowed in local comps here and in those other jurisdictions you mentioned would be allowed. Otherwise you are opening a real can of (artificial?) worms.

Eg if it is open season on marks then does that mean Ronez counts for the select few that can get there?

PS nothing against Ritchie or his fish at all, this is about rules.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Paul its fine. Keith don't worry about updating the leaderboard, it wouldn't put me much higher anyway. Besides I'm confident I will catch one even bigger soon.

All fish caught on this report were on a green one up shad rigged weedless.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No you must stay in. Like I said Ritchie, its not about your or your fish its about clarity. Anyway Keith is the ref (its his comp) and his word goes. Maybe it should just be clarified for next year.

Personally with the benefit of hindsight (the main tool of most pain in the arse observers) I think it should be one open comp, ie best fish whatever (boat, skish or shore). It's probably a species that lends itself to such a simple approach.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts