The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will be spending a week with the family in the Aberaeron to Newquay area at the end of the month and was wondering if someone would mind telling me how things are fishing at the moment? I'm not looking for any 'mark info, but if i know that things are going ok, it will give me a bit more encouragement to get out and explore.
Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Andy, as Tim has said keep an eye on the weather as all of these westerly's have made the whole area very difficult to fish, too much colour and way too much weed. If things do settle down Aberaeron can be a good spot, park by the harbour which is a free carpark and is right on the front. If you then head to the South end of the beach there is a small sheltered bay followed by a headland. Standing on the headland there is a large reef that stretches out to the south which is all fishable but be careful as it gets cut off a couple of hours before high water. If you do get cut off its not the end of the world as you can scramble up the grass bank until you get to a foot path which will take you back round to the beach its a steep climb though. I got hit by quite a sizeable fish there a couple of weeks ago which smashed into a Patchinko and knocked it clean out of the water unfortunately it didn't return, I've just been waiting for some clear water before heading back.

Reactions: andy cottam
1 - 3 of 3 Posts