The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to visit the Aberystwyth and Aberdovey area on the coming bank holiday and I wander if any one would be kind enough to give me any information. Were to fish and so on. I have bait fished the estuary at Aberdovey before and have fished the Broadwater lagoon for mullet near Tywyn. I would like to fish lures, soft plastics and would welcome some advice from anyone that knows the area! Thank you

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A Seagull once took a sh1t on me while i was stood outside a pub in Aberdovey.

Watch out for Seagulls when you are there ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Nigel, in Aberystwyth you could try the Castle rocks just south and round the corner from the Pier which seems to fish best down to low water. You could then move along to the rocks at the base of Constitution Hill although we have only caught there in heavier swells. Just North of Aberystwyth is a little place called Clarach Bay, there is rocky ground to both the North and South of the beach but it is the North end that seems most favoured, I’ve yet to catch there but had plenty of follow’s and have heard of several decent fish being landed. Further North again is Borth I’ve only fished the rocks at the South end of the beach but the whole stretch has lots of features its just a case of getting out before the crowds here. If you follow the beach for its full length this will bring you to Ynyslas estuary, I’ve not fished it but have heard good reports, be careful as its very popular with Jet skis and kite surfers.

Just one cautionary note be careful as all of the rock marks get cut off at high water, I’ve had to drive home in wet trousers several times. Drop me a pm letting me know when your over and I will try and get across and meet up for a session.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts