The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read many threads on various sites about the better hook-ups that can be achieved by adding an extra split ring to abu tobies i was surprised to find that when i went to Foxons today that Abu seem to have reacted to customer input/coments and have added an extra split ring on the 28g toby but not on the 18g version !! has anyone else noticed this reaction to customer feedback? well done to ABU for keeping an eye on customers feedback/comments on forums etc

·
Registered
156 Posts
Having read many threads on various sites about the better hook-ups that can be achieved by adding an extra split ring to abu tobies i was surprised to find that when i went to Foxons today that Abu seem to have reacted to customer input/coments and have added an extra split ring on the 28g toby but not on the 18g version !! has anyone else noticed this reaction to customer feedback? well done to ABU for keeping an eye on customers feedback/comments on forums etc
I am after some abu tobies, where is the best place to get them?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Have a look on e-bay

I had some Black and gold 18grms from a seller last year which were quite cheap he also had other colours

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Well done indeed :clap::clap:

Two split rings is a very common trick amongst Scandinavian sea trout anglers and have been around for years. The fans of this technique swears that it reduces hook throws significantly whilst using heavier metal spoons, and after experimenting a bit whilst still living in Norway I tend to agree.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have noticed a second split ring on my last abu toby.I don't use them alot as i find they can plane up or sideways, when long casting, especially into a head wind.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen alot of copies of the abu toby on ebay, does it matter if they are a copy?
the originals are cheap enough, around £3 for a 28g ,try Foxons online shop. The problem with some of the cheap copies is that you only need to give them a sniff of sea air and they will rust before your eyes............same with copies of Dexter wedges, they are both cheap enough to get the real deal and you wont have to pay twice...............

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ABU Krill!!!...... now you are going back a bit there my friend....very good lure in it,s time.

Regarding the Koster....When fishing the Beacon and Platters on anchor would not go out without them at on time,need to have a fierce tide running to get the best out of them,cast well up tide on a 45 degree angle and flutter jig over the nasty ground towards the back of boat and let it work its magic, but that was back in the late 80,s early 90,s when there were a lot of fish as you know round our area but sadly not any more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts