The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and my neighbour decided to have a session over on Anglesey from dusk till dawn and covering a couple of different venues.

First venue was just south of Ty Croes, I really think this place will produce the goods at the right tide state - dunno what that is yet!!

I started off using the z claw and nothing was happening so i switched out to a megabass dog x jr which sinks when left and skates back to the surface on retrieve, played about with this lure for a bit and just as i lifted it out of the water there was a big splash - missed the fish but seemed a fair old splash - will never know what it was! With my confidence up I decided to carry on with the dog x for a bit - no further action!

So by now the sun has gone and the red light in the sky has faded, the moon is overhead and pretty bright so I thought I would try with some sub surface lures at various speeds / retrieves. After a bit I put a Zonk gataride yoro-yoro on and 2 casts later this very hungry pollack decided it wanted to eat my lure!!!!!!

We decided to move to another venue and my Neighbour wanted to do a spot of bait fishing, so we headed across the island to see Malc in the tackle shop, unfortunately he seems to go home these days and the shop was closed. So after a quick rethink we decided to head off to the western end of the straits and have a bit of a rummage for crabs amongst the kelp. The tide was on the flood about 2 hours after LW by the time we had rods setup. We both had some huge bites but sadly didnt connect with them. I figured if theres fish there then I am gonna catch some on lures.

By the time I had packed down the Bait gear and set up my lure rod the red glow was appearing in the east, so I had about an hour and a half before the sun would be up and everything would be too bright! I decided to start with a Z-claw. I haad a bit of a look at the water and saw a bit of a current about 40 yards out, I casted just past it and waited for the rings to dissapear, twitch, pause, twitch, twitch, splash - FISH ON!!!!!!! couldnt believe it first cast and I was in! after a short lived scrap I had this little guy landed.

I carried on with the same lure and managed to get another bigger one about 20 minutes later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Fin, great report and pics.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
well done m8, nice to get going for the season,well done...... What !!!!! Malc not open at midnight ???? lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Fin, well in! I will admit to being a lighweight and not up to fishing all night! Well worth it though so congrats for getting started!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nice one fin-c. Great too get off the mark.
Where did you get the yoro-yoro zonk? I can only find the hi-pitch versions!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts