The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call last night whih informed me that the advance scouts had landed in Guernsey, possible as part of a larger invasion party later this year???

Liam and Gaz got off the ferry last night but I had already had a few tins by the time Liam called so I couldn't go out.

I went this morning with the nipper instead and text Liam where I was (easy access due to nipper).

He float fished a sandeel as plugging has lost it's appeal to him lately (he is only 6 mind) he'll get the bug back in the summer. I had a go with the ultrlight but nothing doing and I was getting hungry so we left before I met Liam...

Water Sky Cloud Lifebuoy Sunglasses

I decided on a more uncomfy mark this afternoon which was less than nice than I thought it would be, also at the bottom of a cliff...

I plugged for a bit and got bored (confidence waning fast this year) so decided to go dig some verm (rockworm) in a gully, didn't do too bad but the tide was flooding fast so I didn't have long. Liam and Gaz soon found me in a hole and after a chat we did a bit of fishing in the rather changeable weather.

Rocks removed from photo but locals will still recognise the mark!! ;-)

Water Rainbow Cloud Sky Atmospheric phenomenon

Eventually someone was into a fish and as usual it was not me.

Report will follow when he writes it... Until then...

Water Sky Smile Outdoor recreation Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get my own back in October!!

I hope we exchanged tips, told them how I fish some marks that i do well on and they don't fish your similar marks in the same way. Equally, I have no idea how to fish deeper water. Learning through watching though...

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The netters are reporting them about a mile out but not heard of any inshore just yet. Was about this time last year they came in but the velvets aren't really peeling much yet, lots of chancres and a few shore crabs but ust the odd velvet. water is slowly warming... I'll soon let you know if I get one or hear of any to anglers, sure they will be trying hard very soon.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Andy,

Cracking report and pictures yet again, not sure what you are trying to eat from what looks like a dustbin ? but if you are short of a few quid I will send some over for you :muttley:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice report Andy, your a brave man eating that shirvy, if its got anything like the stuff i put in this could be your last report!(lets hope not mate).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice to see you again Andy.

Gaz is on fire at the moment! Fished our Bass comp mark this evening in perfect conditions, no fish?! We're due to leave on the boat at 5.30pm tomorrow, but I'm not leaving here not having caught a Bass! Thinking of phoning my girlfriend to inform here my car has 'broken down' so won't be able to make it back till Monday!!

Andy - Is it OK to fish Lihou, or do we need permission?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it rained yesterday...

And did we get wet?? Well YES is the word, soaked through to the bone, I took a big wave over the top of me within the first half hour and that had me damp all afternoon. It's soooo hard work here at the moment.

nothing yesterday afternoon for 3 guys and 3 hours.

last night we went for the mini species and Gaz is the man on fire again with 2 species. Definitely didn't count as LRF and I doubt HRF either but still...

Then this morning came. Lovely sunny day, wind has dopped, i'm eating easter eggs and they are fishing and I got a text!!! They have a fish!! And it's the right colour and shape. Not sure of size just yet though...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gaz twisted his ankle yesterday on the land rec. So I was fishing alone this morning, conditions were good and shortly after arriving at my mark I seen a good sized Bass swimming along the edge of rocks right in front of me! Chucked a soft plastic in the direction it was heading, the fish wasn't interested though.

Did eventually have one, just a small one. No scales with me but it was about 3lb according to the Bass tape.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He was limping quite a bit this morning when I met up with them but sure he'll be fine.

The bass went 2-15-8 on my scales so just half an ounce short to count for the local club (length was ok) which they have joined. It no doubt would have gone size if weighed straight away (has to be done on scales calibrated against the club scales).

Well done Liam, it's been a chuffing hard weekend for sure eh!! nice to have some sun at last though so hope you enjoy the rest of today. And Thanks for the fish!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nicely done lads, I managed a bass of 4-3 on the bait in the early hours this morning and think I could maybe fish the mark with soft lures so will have to scout it out a bit more in the day and see if it fishes with lures.
Taking my little cousin fishing tonight, will prob set him up with some LRF if he is ok with it and see If we can get him some pollock, you know where I will be Andy if your bored, heading down about 6:30.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We tried there last night JP, was really hard with a painful NW wind. Not much about to be fair. Might be better off down that arm near the buses?? My nipper is ok on that one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for showing us around a few places Andy. Shame the fishing was pants! Will have to pop over again soon. We had a quick chuck with some SPs off the breakwater earlier today, couldn't believe the average size of Snipe coming up! Gaz & I had one each (14oz) Could have some fun with the Infeet down there!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You do get some bigguns this time of year. Hope you sufficiently annoyed the bait boys by outfishing them!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts