The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I am completely new to LRF/HRF fishing, and planning on putting together a set to use on Jig heads, small SP's and Mepps spinners. Basically a light-ish set up, but not super light. Price is an issue for me, so I am trying to put together a good-ish balanced set up. After searching the forum here I have come up with:

REEL: Shimano Catana 2500 Reel (which I already have)
ROD: Cormoran ULF Ultra Light 2.45m 3-15g
LINE: 10lb power pro.

Would this result in a balanced set up for a beginner to use for winter/spring LRF fishing?

Many thanks for any advice you are able to give.

Cheers, Bruce.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Bruce,

I use a Cormoran Black Bull 7" 1-12gms rod, a Cormoran Blackstar reel 3000 size and 6lb Braid, quite simply a stunning set up and not to far away from what you intend getting, this set up has caught a 7lb Pike and managed it just fine :p

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hi Folks,

I am completely new to LRF/HRF fishing, and planning on putting together a set to use on Jig heads, small SP's and Mepps spinners. Basically a light-ish set up, but not super light. Price is an issue for me, so I am trying to put together a good-ish balanced set up. After searching the forum here I have come up with:

REEL: Shimano Catana 2500 Reel (which I already have)
ROD: Cormoran ULF Ultra Light 2.45m 3-15g
LINE: 10lb power pro.

Would this result in a balanced set up for a beginner to use for winter/spring LRF fishing?

Many thanks for any advice you are able to give.

Cheers, Bruce.
It will be absolutely fine.
Just remember to set the drag properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts