The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AnyfishAnywhere plugging rod Got the chance to (quick) view one last weekend dark red colour and rated from 0-90 g thats some lure range, i was tempted in one but ive still got my eye on another blank, has anybody seen the afaw rod

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've got the AFAW Lure & Bait (same sort of rating). It's just about the last rod in the world that i would ever use for lure fishing, but is lovely as a light surf rod.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Haven't seen one, Mark but how can it be 0-90g? I am no expert but that doesn't suggest it is a rod that I would want to use for bassing. I know that their stuff has a generally sound reputation...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a totally new rod nice looking bit of kit , and thats what it says on the blank and what j shambrook said 0-90g

·
Registered
357 Posts
I tested some of the prototypes with Steve Mullins and made relevant comments. Second prototypes came in and the plugging rod was truley aweful -- some of the rods labbled soft plastic rods would have made cheap hard lure rods.

Don't get me wrong I own 4 AFAW rods (Six and Bait for the Conger, Surf for heavy bassing, Eatuary for light bassing and a 30 to 60g lure and bait for ledgering for Mullet -- all great rods.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This is a totally new rod nice looking bit of kit , and thats what it says on the blank and what j shambrook said 0-90g
0 to 30g would be a push 0 to 90g is just not on.

Modern lure rods are fast becoming a use -- weight spacific. Unfortunatly, the UK are way befind the times. Although, Julian Shambook makes truly great bait rods (I own four).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i have had 2 of the afaw tourny match and tourny rock rods now just have one of each very nice rods, but dont take very kindly to slight knock on rocks like other rods i have, they do cast well(with some one else doing the casting) lol,

·
Registered
716 Posts
Guys - Julian is working with a bunch of new "modern lure rods" - if you see the prototypes that are going around, just forget all about the weights that are printed on them as they are meaningless and I believe are just there to get an idea of graphics. 0-90g is complete drivel.

His new "modern lure rods" that I have seen and played with are just stunning - ok, so Julian's a mate, but he knows I would be (and have been) completely honest with him about what he is trying to do. A few weeks ago I played around with these new rods and I was hugely impressed. Can't wait to see them on the market, not sure when they come out, but I reckon he will do well with them. They look good, they look very well put together, and the actions were fantastic.

In France with the guys, heading down from St. Malo to the first day of the show this morning, should be a blast.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys - Julian is working with a bunch of new "modern lure rods" - if you see the prototypes that are going around, just forget all about the weights that are printed on them as they are meaningless and I believe are just there to get an idea of graphics. 0-90g is complete drivel.

His new "modern lure rods" that I have seen and played with are just stunning - ok, so Julian's a mate, but he knows I would be (and have been) completely honest with him about what he is trying to do. A few weeks ago I played around with these new rods and I was hugely impressed. Can't wait to see them on the market, not sure when they come out, but I reckon he will do well with them. They look good, they look very well put together, and the actions were fantastic.

In France with the guys, heading down from St. Malo to the first day of the show this morning, should be a blast.
I think he said there to be Released in April, i was just going by what he said about the ratings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.