The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today didnt exactly go to plan - i was gonna go Chuff Flucking at Felindre, but i ended up picking Luke up from school and going straight to our local lake for another crack at the crocs !!

It was a glorious warm evening, and we quickly set-up and targeted the fish with surface lures. I started off with the lure of the day from Saturday - the Megabass Anthrax, whilst Luke tried to get us off the mark with the Dead Claw.

On about the 4th cast of the day, a Croc charged in at the Anthrax, and hit it about 10ft from the edge (such a 'rush' seeing these fish nail a surface lure at close range :-D) . . . it was "FISH ON !!!" I passed the rod to Luke, and he played the fish in. We were off the mark with a 4.5lb'er . . . . . .

We had a load more follows on both the Anthrax and the Dead Claw, including a couple of big splashy hits. Shortly afterwards, i had a Jack nail my surface lure . . . .

Then, a much bigger splash & hit at my lure !!! I quickly handed the rod to Luke for him to again expertly fight the fish . . . . this was the best of the day at 7.5lbs . . . . .

Luke decided he fancied a go on my rod with the Anthrax. First cast, SPLASH . . . . .

I landed another small Croc shortly afterwards, and then Luke decided to change lure. He went for a JTS in Fire Tiger. 2 casts later, and he's shouting "FISH ON !!!" . . . and brought this guy to the bank . . .

So that was that.

In total we banked 5 fish, lost a further 2 on the way in, and i lost count of the number of follows (circa 20 !!). All of that took place in the space of 2 hrs.

So a very successful short after-school session. We'll be doing that again !!!! :-D:-D:-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning Si ! did you get any video this time ?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Yep, got some vid footage of Luke fighting the bigger Croc of the day. May upload it later (takes ages :( )
Will look forward to that ! Your reports are not the same without Video !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice sunny afternoon's lure fishing there lads. Lovely to hit some off the top too. Well done for hooking your first pike, Luke. Plenty of pike in there, Si by the look of things. Perfect place for Luke to perfect his casting and working the lures....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Luke & Simon, what a way to spend an afternoon after school. How does Luke concentrate on lessons, knowing the crocs are calling. Well done guys.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Awesome stuff chaps.

I love reading these reports and mixing fresh and saltwater reports just makes it much more interesting.

Well done.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brilliant stuff guys! If I come over you'll have to take me fishing for pike I bet its a blast!!
Get yourself over later this year Ritchie - we've got a mark that has Pike & Bass within 100yds of each other. We're gonna be sorting out a "Croc & Bass" Bumble - you'd love it !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts