The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out exploring the coast, to see how big the seas were in West Cornwall. Pictures are taken in the area between Pendeen and Cape Cornwall. I would estimate the biggest I saw today was close to 15' (surfers 15'). As someone who just loves the sea, the waves and the power, spent ages just watching.

Managed to take some pics, unfortunately with howling wind, massive amount of spray in the air and on the lens, the sun in completely the wrong place, the quality is not great!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
They are some big-ass wedges of water there mate!

Me and a buddy hit perranporth youth hostel at the beginning of last week and I swear the waves were at least 30' high. absolutely ****ing massive. they were breaking way out past the headland, probably the best part of half a mile out!

Got one sling in, then whitewater flew 20' over my head, I shat my pants and we ran for the hills! :-o

·
Registered
712 Posts
Great pics Paul.
Went for a walk on the southwest coast this morning it was just beautiful even got to see a group of porpoises working their way around the coast.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Excelent pictures there love the looks of massive waves aswell could spend the day just watching them....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Looks massive, seen some huge waves in my youth and was silly enough to try and surf most of them lol. Biggest was probably Mothecombe Reef, absolutely cacked it. Not got the physique(eh hem) for it these days, but still appreciate it when I see it. Nice photo's.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks massive, seen some huge waves in my youth and was silly enough to try and surf most of them lol. Biggest was probably Mothecombe Reef, absolutely cacked it. Not got the physique(eh hem) for it these days, but still appreciate it when I see it. Nice photo's.
Mothercombe Reef is one hell of a spot! I wish there was something to give a clear indication in the pics of the wave height, as i was watching I was actually swearing out loud now and then, a few waves came through that just blew me away in terms of size and power. Also saw a MAHOOSIVE seal cruising the line up near St. Just, loving the swells.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Some lovely pictures there Paul. The water looks so rough yet so clear, a world away from the sea I as looking at (or swimming in :shock:) last Sunday. Send some of that water up to SE Cornwall please:-D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I cant get over how clear the water is!
Very nice pics....:-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Cracking pics on what looks like a beautiful day. As others have mentioned I cannot believe the clarity of the water. If we had waves like that down here the water would be like soup - the main reason I haven't bothered bass fishing for a few weeks as the water has been filthy.

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Nice piccies all that wind may make the sea look fab but its blown the bloody doors off my turf shed (a touch of the michael caines there) another weekend at home mending them now.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Impressive water movements; very gnarly looking 'backwash' of sorts in the middle of pic8, and pic14 looks sick and very shallow. Great to see fantastic power shots - amped now :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts