The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to pop out for a cheeky hours fishing on the way home, Strong westerly wasn't helping and I noticed that the weed that normally holds all the baitfish has begun to die back.
But twenty minutes of switching between patchinko100 and a subsurface minnow. I decided to try a different technique. So banged the pactinko up and across the wind, and then threw more line into the bow that had formed on the cast, enabling ,me to retrieve the lure straight down wind, but at the right distance from the shore. Half way through the first retrieve-BANG!!!
A good scrap later, I got to slide this onto the bank

Forgetting about dorsal spines isn't a good idea, and the drop of blood at the bottom of the pic is mine!!
Inspite of woofing the lure, it unhooked easily, and about two and half pounds of bass zoomed back into the deeper water.
Nice way to spend an hour on the way home from work.
Off out again later, so fingers crossed!!

Reactions: John Orrells

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done!! nice fish dave.

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Nice looking fish Dave and a lovely little session. Nice to see you still pushing the boundaries and trying new techniques to present a lure, thanks for sharing.[/FONT]

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Nice one fella! Done better than me when I blanked with Robert yesterday!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the comments,
John, would like to be able to claim to be clever enough to have worked out the trick with the cast/using the bow of line. But it was down to Keith/Kevin's comments/advice from much earlier this year-So a big thank you to them.

Just to fill you in, Mike, Cliff and my self ventured out last night about 9.30pm to the reef east of the marina. But the wind and the swell had both picked up. But we gave it a go. I was briefly attached to what felt like a small spikey, but parted company in the undertow. A few casts later saw me in again-to a huge lump of weed. My final success was to manage to land a new pb-a balaclarva!!! We knocked it on the head, with Cliff and I being wimps gave up, While Mike moved on to another more sheltered mark 30 minutes away.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done dave .i spent the morning with ben field but sadly i blanked again did have a very little wrasse fall off just as i was getting it to the surface bugger .ben was sp-ing on a super light rod and did manage a nice wrasse though .

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well that probabaly knocks my plans on the head for a trip to that mark tonight! Top marks for giving it a go chaps!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
well done dave .i spent the morning with ben field but sadly i blanked again did have a very little wrasse fall off just as i was getting it to the surface bugger .ben was sp-ing on a super light rod and did manage a nice wrasse though .
was that on the north coast Kevin? I'm wondering what the south coast is like now we've had a little blow today?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I fished the 'other mark' for maybe 20 mins, it was drizzling and getting windier and I didn't see any fish so I went home. This place is 5 mins from home and sheltered from south and westerlies, must give it a better go.
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts