The Lure Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My planned evening session today was canned at short notice as Mrs W had other plans. As she was out this afternoon though I decided an alternative strategy and thought I would give the afternoon slot a whirl.

Going in the daytime time meant I could cut down on some gear , the coat was ditched and no need for ahead torch.

Conditions looked good as I made my way along the beach , but the further I walked the more the dreaded green weed put in an appearance.

It was more the a bit manky.

There were some signs of fish life though with a few mullet swirling round and one good more violent splash which I am sure was a bass. Certainly enough to keep me persevering through the weed.

I started of with my faithful sluggo. It has done well in similar conditions in the past but despite the odd weed free retrieve I had had a sniff.

I picked up a few spindle worms from Tim Murphy recently and decided to give one a go. Maybe the paddle tail would add a bit more attraction.

First cast , couple of turns of the handle and I could feel the tail working nicely. 4 or 5 more turns and whack. A good take and a solid feeling fish doing the old head shake. After a solid but not spectacular scrap a slightly better than expected fish was on the shingle.

A quick measure had her at just under 60cm , but 59cm was a 2 cm improver for the team so I was more than happy.

Quick glory shot ( must get a new tripod)

Shortly afterwards Nigel and the dogs arrived. He hasn't fished much lately so it was good to see him out giving it a go. I am not sure his outfit will see him in next years ultimate fishing catalogue though - camp pants , stripy jumper and yellow hat are so last year !

Jerry the dog obviously had more faith that I would catch and kept me company whilst his master changed lures in the hope of success.

The spindle worm worked again , with a small but feisty specimen falling for its charms.

The weed did clear a bit after high water , but there were no more fish but things are looking hopeful for coming weeks.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
That's the last time Kevin that I risk my life, snorkelling to recover your lost Do-Live Sticks.

·
Banned
1,732 Posts
Great report Kevin and nice to see Nigel influencing the Go Wank fashion empire:spoongemon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts