The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another go on the lighter side tonight with a reasonable westerly blowing the hopeful rock marks were pretty much a no go. A good chance to try out the Reins Aji Meet on the harbour residents. Dropped down to a 1.4 gram head and the matt white Aji Meet.

Nice to see the whiting about, last trip was pollack & pouting. One lesson learnt tonight was they preferred it on a steady drop, all were taken the same way 14 in total.

Very aggressive takers on the drop, and all the bites were very positive.

Beautiful fish

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great effort Mike, well done :p

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
14 in a session! Top work, Mike. Should keep you amused through the winter months :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice work Mike,
You are really getting the LRF stuff sussed-Very impressed

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice work Mike!!! Can't wait to get out and give these a proper go now! This winter is gonna be hectic!!! Keep at it!! Love these reports of mini-fish!

·
6,295 Posts
superb effort there mate, though a small question i keep hering the on the drop method could you or osmeone elaborate for me?
Exactly what it says Mike, maintain tight line and feel for fish biting at the lure as it drops, make small strikes so's not to pull the lure away too far. well thats my small spin on it, I am sure someone may write an encyclopedia on it :)

·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As above Mike, def havent been striking just gently lifting as the take comes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts