The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very good and informative thread - link to Stripers Online

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=768370

Interesting post that I have re-read twice ... worrying that the Certate uses the same fluid mag seals - time will tell I guess ...

For me personally it justifies buying Stella SW over Saltiga Dogfight last year ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Alex

do you have any feedback on the Stella SW? I bought a Saltiga z last year and really like it but was eyeing up a Stella for a while and would be interesting to hear someone elses view.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Very interesting Alex, the usual super-in depth review from Mr Hawk. Some quite disturbing engineering whoopsies he's picked up on there.
Not that I'll ever be getting a Saltiga... :p

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Their are some points in the review that are dissapointing for such a 'high end' reel but also there are things in the review that can easily be explained.
As we all know reels high end and low end will due to their mechanics need a running in period (meshed gears)and their was nothing that I could see that was 'out of the ordinairy'.
The little holes as he said that were in one of the castings are not faults but are part of the toolings 'gating' system,as in 'feed gates' that have been removed after the casting process.This will have NO effect on anything and without them you wouldn't have a casting.
The small pieces of metal that he states in the beginning of the review are in fact just small bits of the plating that have come off during the running in process and will not affect anything at all.
Hatchet job on a very expensive reel ????? NO. But some of the things that he is pointing out are just not viable with something that is still a mass produced fishing reel with a bonkers price tag (same for the Stella).

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Quite an in depth review, but mostly focusing in the writer's ability to disassemble a reel I thought!

It makes me wonder how reels like Saltigas and Stella get such global followings and reputations when there is always a critic somewhere who can pick fault in the design of an area the reel that no normal mortal ever goes near or wants to go near and which doesn't affect their satisfaction with the reel?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
tbh it was so long-winded that i couldnt be bothered to read it all. I did skim-read it though, and am i right in thinking that he said that the waterproofing feature had worked very well :?:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts