The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must be the fact we are always learning that keeps us at it you know. Just the little things that give you a little eureka moment to yourself. I went out the other day to test the new pink braid, and I winkled out a bass on the Xlayer and a nice pollack on one of those new(ish) weighted Redgill (Sidewinder bandwagon style). I must admit I got sent a packet of these new Redgills to look at, so I tested them properly today, had 4 bass on them to about 3lb, and I had one on a Gary Yamamoto Swim Senko, happy days.

Anyhoo I was saying how its nice when things come together, well the other day I caught that pollack on the Redgill on the begining of the retrieve after I had let the lure drop back down half way in, if you know what I mean. So today I was letting the lure hit the bottom, reeling pretty slowly and once or twice on the retrieve I would lower the rod or let line out to let the lure sink deeper again, and it was on the first say 3 or 4 turns of the handle that all the fish hit (except the Swim Senko that was on a steady retieve, deep water).

I am impressed by the Redgills, when I saw them I thought, ah not another sidewinder, not needed. But they have that classic Redgill tail wobble and are tough and durable. I didnt want to get them in but I think I will.

I was using the blue one, they seemed to love it.

And the Swim Senko was the Watermelon/Cream one

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done on the fishies **** !!!

& great Hoody . . .can you tell me where i can get one please :?:

;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff ****, enjoyed the report and you look smart in your Hoodie, well done on the fish :-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Hey **** - good to see you in the fish and on the soft lures too! Love the hoodie - George never fishes in anything else!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one ****. Think I'd probably prefer to use the red gills than the Sidewinders. Look like they work ok!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
nice fish **** nice to see you keeping in touch with your feminine side with the pink braid,i might give the red gills a go though.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What weights ****?
Look a tad better than the sidewinders!
I love sidewinders Alex but I too think they have the edge, maybe its that old sight of a Redgill tail waggling that I havnt seen for a few years, and Redgill have caught me so many fish when I was younger. We used to put a 1 ounce float weight with 3 ft of 15lb clear line, and catch pollack, mackerel, wrasse and bass on them. The new version is a new look on a classic.

Manageress's day out too ?
Yeah she was a little tender, some one had kept her up I think!! (**** she is gonna kill me when she reads this)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts