The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry about the delay in putting in the report lads but im having trouble with my back and neck..lol....Saturday morning dawned and with Daz having assured us of perfect conditions (light sw wind and 2-3ft swell) Daz myself and Nathan Bell met at the Lidl carpark in colwyn bay at 06.30 and set off in my car to the mark where we were to meet up with Fin c. On arrival Daz was drooling when he looked down at the sea,we all kitted up and off we went. As we got closer it became apparent that there was a somewhat larger swell than anticipated and there was limited space to fish from safely,also a stiffer breeze coming straight at us from the west severely cutting our casting distance

Daz and Nath discussing tactics

i decided to put on a toby to see if there was anything a bit further out and it wasnt too long before it was taken by a small schoolie. not long after Nath was in with a slightly better schoolie. With the tide rising and the swell getting worse there was only really room for two people to fish so Daz and Fin decided to go and play goats for a while and started off up the cliff to go and explore a beach further along, and just as they were about to go out of sight they were able to see Nath in with a second.
With nothing else taking a liking to my toby and not having any divers which could punch through the wind, Nath again kindly offerred me the use of one of his Zonks (gonna have to get some of those things for reasons that will become apparent).....amazing how it was going further than a 28g toby !!! Weed was a real pain and it was a case of spotting a clean bit of water and hitting it..........it didnt take long to be hit by my second schoolie, and 20 mins later a good solid take with a bit more head shaking this time and after a bit of an awkward landing with the large swell and waves a fish of 3lb was finally in our hands.

15 mins or so passed and another take on the zonk for me and again the problem of getting the fish to hand,the next big wave saw it come close to Nath but he couldnt grab the line so back it went with the wave ,the next wave brought it up ,Nath got hold of the line and was just bending down to get hold of the fish which was thrashing around in the foam when its gill rakers found the braid with the inevitable result, Nath did have a couple more tries to grab it as the the next 2 waves receeded but then it was gone, oh sh*t i just lost his Zonk....
Things went quiet after that and then Daz and Fin came back from a fruitless trip,with the tide now ebbing there was space for us all to fish but the wind got stronger and the swell bigger............

heres what Daz calls loveley conditions

"incoming " .......................is that really Daz running away lol ?

Fin on his perch

and Daz auditioning for strictly come dancing or maybe michael flatleys river dance?

Fin having a sly smile after Daz got creamed by a big one

we were all pretty wet by now and decided to call it a day with Daz blaming me for his blank !!!

heres a bit of vid (if it works,as ive never tried it before

back at the car and Fins Landrover we got all our wet gear off and the other three spent 10 minutes comparing bling.............and then off we went ,Fin following us along the narrow lane,we went round a corner to find 2 old ladies tearing towards us, they hit the brakes and stopped and so did i (didnt i Fin) but a quick check in my mirror revealed a landrover that clearly wasnt going to...............so i waited a split second for the impact, which could have been worse......... lets just say i need a new door on the back end of my car. funny that, i just had a call from one of them claims companies lol

ps only joking Fin.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great report trev and lovely pics.Good to meet and fish with nath for the first time.Really enjoyed myself and good craic aswel.Yep i did blank,first time in a while but that boils down to voodoo trev.The next time we go trev can you wear a disguise and call yaself derek or somethin,then ill catch.As for fins brakes..well what can i say.All in all it was a crackin day and i enjoyed every minute of it.ps fin,trevs not jokin ,hes claimin for everythin.....even for a so called snapped rod in the boot and damaged lures.
cheers fellas,daz.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Cracking report and pics. Trev.
I had a great day, it was awesome too meet and fish with Daz and Fin C. Top guys both of them.
Felt bad that Daz and Fin blanked in order too let me and Trev fish the 'hot spot', really good of you both.
Can't wait till are next little adventure, although i'll skip on the whiplash next time! LOL!!!
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
A few more pics!
I forgot I'd taken these.
Beautiful North Wales coast-

Trevor trying his luck-

Trevor keeping a watchful eye over Daz-

Fin C out on his own-

Daz in Fight or Flight-

Great day guys.
Trevor I think Fin broke the bibs off five of my Gaterides when he hit us, add them too the claim please! LOL!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great report and photo's guys. Trev you should know by now that Daz doesn't feel at home unless waves are crashing over the top of him. That was normal stuff for him that's why he was drooling when he first saw the conditions. Looks like you had a cracking day guys.......:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great write up there Trev. Great pics as well, the one of Trev with the Bass and the spray behind is brilliant!

Really sorry about your door Trev another foot stopping distance would have just avoided disaster, I blame the weight added to my Landy - the sling bag full of lures and jigheads, will travel lighter next time...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It was a tadge big marc...but i had to fish it to see how it affected fishing.Fished it at different size tides and swells now and finally i now what size tide,conditions etc produce more bass.highlights of the day
1,naths lure collection
2 being floored by a wave that put me on my botty
3 trevs hat
4 fins brakes

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Great write up there Trev. Great pics as well, the one of Trev with the Bass and the spray behind is brilliant!
Must admit i'm pretty pleased with that one it came out perfect. Watch out Mr Gilbey!!! LOL!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Firstly, sorry for a slow reply lads, im only just catching-up with all the Catch Reports.

Brilliant report :clap: :clap:, i thoroughly enjoyed reading that :D. Superb pics also, & i agree that the one with Trev holding a Shirley, with the wave crashing behind him is a beauty !!

No suprise to see Daz getting ingulfed in the swell, as that was what he was doing the last time i saw him :p.

A cracking mini-Bumble there lads, hopefully i'll get a chance to join you before the season is out !!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Great report and terrific pics as the others have siad. Looks like a terrific spot so not surprised to see you get a few fish. A bit wild for me by the look of things but we know Daz likes it rough ;) Sorry to hear about the shunt but sounds like you had a great little bumble there.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Great report and the pics are outstanding also. That spray pic is excellent!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts