The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Well I popped out for a session last night, but forgot the camera.

What a way to start a session,
1st cast fish on, a nice little pollock
2nd cast big hit but fish missed
3rd cast fish on, another nice little pollock
4th cast another hit but fish missed
5th cast well it had to end sooner or later

A little while later I hooked into a bigger fish and got it to the surface below my feet but as I tried to manual line it out it got free. Ironically I just thought well at least I don't have to onhook it ;-)

Then it was time for the big one about 41cm which I did manage to handle out I could actually feel the line stretching he was a beauty, and went back to fight another day. On the firefly this guy really had my attention taking a few dives which really tested out my skills and tackle.

Then later it was one last tiddle then they must have all gone else were, I missed maybe 2 knocks in the next hour then called it a successful night :)

I wish all trips could start this way. Nothing like a first cast fish to know it is going to be a good session no matter what happens for the rest of the session.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nice one Jeremy, 41cm is a great size on that tackle, well done. Not quite sure about all trips starting that way, I tried last night and had a small pollock first cast, then there was a gap of about 30 mins before I had another (about 1lb) on my tenryu, fluked really as I'd misplaced my cast and wound the gulp sandeel back in quite quickly before it grabbed it. My third and final pollock came about 2hrs later, I'd missed loads of takes in between and kept making my lures smaller and smaller which resulted in more bites. Once again, there were shoals of what I presume to be mullet passing by the wall. Big fish, every one of them. One even put on a seaworld dolphin type display while the rest of the group just cruised by.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nice report Jeremy, I've been dying to get out for a evening session this week with no luck, not enough hours in the day. Nice to hear some big hits, gettin my LRF kit sorted next week, plus gonna finally get some more SP's as my collection is limited at the mo. Hopefully spend some more time out on the weekend and next week, if time permits!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jeremy! Sounds about time you got a dropnet!! lol

Hopefully I'll be heading out for a Pollack catching sesh tomorrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest the __________ as I have now taken 20-25 pollock from mirco - large (41cm record) on the same SP. If you read my past posts you will know which on it is.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Nice one m8.

We all need to get together for a pre-Takeshi session to get the arm's in.
Hopefully Mark S is feeling better now and can resume the fishing. PM me Mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts