The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice on getting a new rod. I had an unfortunate accident with my last 2 plugging rods, one involving a car door and the other with my patio door (which was the dogs fault for knocking it over and the wind did the rest!), both we're Shimano's and I loved them. I've unfortunately been out on a budget and can't really spend a fortune on a rod (got a little one on the way).

What I wanted to know is if anyone had any suggestion on a good rod for mainly plugging, but also I wouldn't mind giving SP's a go this year as well. I'd be using it on the Kayak as well as onshore, just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

All the ones I've run past the missus have had a blunt "No we can't afford it!"

Any help would be appreciated (on the rod, not the missus).

Cheers,

Jay

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys, and I thought it was gonna be a tough one! Seems a nice simple answer to my question. A £50-£60 budget would suit me fine, luckily got a couple of very decent reels to go with, as it pretty hard to slam that in a door!

Alright Sleepy hows things? Would mind having a go with your rod before I go out and buy one, just in case. I'll PM you my number and if you could let us know when's good mate.

Cheers again guys, made my life a lot easier :-D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.