The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A very good find Tim. When you look at the components that lay unseen within that lure, it goes a long way to explaining why often 'cheaper copies' are 'inferior copies', as they most likely dont have the same level of engineering within their manufacture, leading to a very different, and likely sub-standard performance. They may look similar on the outside, but inside & dimensionally, it may be a completely different story ;).

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A very good find Tim. When you look at the components that lay unseen within that lure, it goes a long way to explaining why often 'cheaper copies' are 'inferior copies', as they most likely dont have the same level of engineering within their manufacture, leading to a very different, and likely sub-standard performance. They may look similar on the outside, but inside & dimensionally, it may be a completely different story ;).
That's what thought Si, and some of the ones we use have more going on inside, two sizes of BBs, magnets etc....

·
Registered
932 Posts
Couldn't agree more and thanks Tim, like Paul G I love reading anything like this.

I did a blog on a similar slant earlier in the year: http://www.plus-fishing.com/uk/staff-blog/james-davis/?cat=18

Mods, please feel free to take that link down if it breaks any rules.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for that.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Thanks for the frog one Tim, I have some of them lures and didn't know they had rattles, great lure for just dropping off lilly pads :p

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Cheers for that Tim.
Must admit I've never used any of the Vision 110 range! They obviously rate it.
Many of you guys use it for bass here?
What sort of depth does it run at? Does it cast well? Do you guys rate it?
Sorry for all the Q's!
Cheers Nath.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got a couple Nath, they are quality lures, They cast well for 14g and they run at about 3ft. I understand there is a Megabass rod specifically for them!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Cheers Tim!
Mmmmmmmmmmm...... more lures too try.
I may treat myself too one. Although I've promised myself no more till I loose some or sell/swap a few!
Cheers Nath

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
You need to be careful if you get into Vision onetens, they are individual pieces of art, and you can easily end up amassing a lot of them. And then you see a special edition and you have to have that and so on and on and on...

They don't fish bad either!

·
8,741 Posts
good link, nice to see the mechanics. Who's gonna chop open a cheap one and post it here? !!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts