The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All - feel a bit of a fraud as a member here when I see the knowledge around, but it sure is a good place to learn! :) Just hope that you are ready for some stupid questions (though I will use search first - honest!)

Used to do a bit of beach fishing some years ago (more than I care to remember) but didn't enjoy sitting doing nothing for most of the time so gave it up. As I live very close to the sea in Sussex (less than 100 metres) and have for over 15 years I decided I really ought to start again. I bought a cheap spinning rod and reel but the more I read about it the more I liked the sound of lure fishing so decided to give it a go. Lightweight mobile fishing, constantly on the go is definitely more my thing than carrying large amounts of gear to a single spot.

Still using my spinning rod, which isn't ideal, but looking about for some reasonable gear, and have been reading lots here which has given me food for thought. So far I have caught one small bass (and that was on a Dexter wedge), despite around a dozen trips out so far. I'm pretty sure that is mainly down to being in the wrong place, but the more I read the more I realise I have so much to learn, and have started looking more carefully at the areas around me. Hopefully that will eventually result in me improving my chances.

Now I just need to target ten posts to be able to read signatures (though getting to a 100 may be a very long way off!)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Welcome Brian. There are members of all abilities on this forum, and everyone has something to contribute. A warm welcome, and feel free to ask anything, as you will find people very happy to help where they can.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
A warm welcome indeed :clap::clap:

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Welcome Brian, don't worry about asking questions, that's what it's all about.
Lash into the word threads etc in the Social Club to bump up your post count!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Brian and welcome. Believe me - nobody asks stupider questions than me!!! You will learn lots from here.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great first post Brian and a very warm welcome to the forum, ask any questions you want, we are all here to learn :p

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
welcome brian

as a true beginner myself this is the place to be if you are prepared to ask like me you will get everything you need to know and more trust me. these guys go out of there way and if you are really pushy ask them to let you tag along lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Brian welcome to the forum and there are no "stupid questions" here everyone will help where they can so ask away.

Cheers Scottie

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Brian,

welcome. The best way to learn is to fish with the experienced. Join your local group on the forum and get out there with them. They will really help. You could always go out with a guide for the day. He/she will fill your head full of info which you can apply to your fishing in you own time.

Enjoy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts