The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it appears with all the LRF HRF fishing I've been doing lately I've sustained my first serious injury. For a couple of weeks now I've been suffering pain in my elbow, thats my casting arm. The pain happens on casting and on spreading the fingers in the right arm I get pain in my elbow, would appear to be tendonitis an acute inflammation of the tendons . Have read that really you should lay off the fishing for a couple of weeks, but is anybody else aware of what else i can do to speed up the recovery period? Such a bugger as the season is really kicking off and really don't want this to be a re-occuring problem. Though something had to give as I do fish about 4 times a week, please help.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well it appears with all the LRF HRF fishing I've been doing lately I've sustained my first serious injury. For a couple of weeks now I've been suffering pain in my elbow, thats my casting arm. The pain happens on casting and on spreading the fingers in the right arm I get pain in my elbow, would appear to be tendonitis an acute inflammation of the tendons . Have read that really you should lay off the fishing for a couple of weeks, but is anybody else aware of what else i can do to speed up the recovery period? Such a bugger as the season is really kicking off and really don't want this to be a re-occuring problem. Though something had to give as I do fish about 4 times a week, please help.
Hi Jamo

Cut the fishing sessions down to just 3 times a week, and spend the 4th day with a bit of retail therapy;-)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all the support. Keith whats Ritchies influence? I've got a sore elbow not a limp wrist! lol sorry ritchie. Bob, i'm going to start drinking sherry, not much of a glass to hold. well I mean if i'm going to be a pussie might as well act like one. Garry i'm also doing retail therapy at ***** and not sure which is the most painfull, my elbow or my tackle bill.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ritchie, you've been the only supportive member on this thread. Cheers, I'll get my own back if I ever have to look after that lot when there ill, and if Kev needs catheterising I can asssure you I'll be going in dry!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks Ritchie, you've been the only supportive member on this thread. Cheers, I'll get my own back if I ever have to look after that lot when there ill, and if Kev needs catheterising I can asssure you I'll be going in dry!!!
Ooh thats nasty Jamo. I've had one of them before and I was certain my [email protected] were going to explode when it came out.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
God damn that made my eyes water just thinking about it ,,,,,,,,,,,, Responses all in good humour Nurse ........... :aarrg::rofl:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Go to the docs and get it sorted - it only gets worse!

Learn to cast left handed would help - but do something before it gets worse ...!
Sounds like good advice Jamo. My wife ended up with her wrist/forearm strapped up for a while a few years ago, due to strained tendons from excessive mackerel bashing. On the plus side, once strapped, she was able to continue fishing as the strapping took all the strain.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers guys, will be digging out the coppers to pay the GP.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Bob, don't think AE staff will be helpful as girlfriend is an AE nurse and she's cow. I mean I know this isn't man flu but it hurts and no sympathy off her at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to here mate I had it from casting. got so bad could not pick owt up in that hand also, it lasted 18 mths. Get one of those elasticated supports from a sports shop. Also try to cast some with just wrist movement, some elbow movement and some shoulder movement. Helps to try and spread it about abit. **** luck

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Maybe it's due to the long casting arc,

have you thought about shortening some of your rods:badlol:

(Sorry Jamo, I couldn't resist):muttley:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice one Garry, see Keith is trying to beat my destruction record, well he's a long way to go. lol
Maybe it's due to the long casting arc,

have you thought about shortening some of your rods:badlol:

(Sorry Jamo, I couldn't resist):muttley:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Dave, going to rest for a week and have got a strap today, don't think its to bad at moment so will look at trying to cast with left arm. Luckily with most of LRF don't need to cast far just short drops through boulder fields. Thanks for advice mate.
Sorry to here mate I had it from casting. got so bad could not pick owt up in that hand also, it lasted 18 mths. Get one of those elasticated supports from a sports shop. Also try to cast some with just wrist movement, some elbow movement and some shoulder movement. Helps to try and spread it about abit. **** luck

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have got the same thing Jamo, though golf has contributed quite a bit. I have it in my left elbow though (being a leftie, thats logical). Have tried the deep heat stuff but no joy, so am going to try a support. Its only certain angles that it seems bad in, and some mornings its really stiff. {Insert pun here }

1 - 20 of 26 Posts