The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the original thread has gone a bit quiet i just wanted to start this thread up to get an update and find out who is coming.As the title says , the dates are the 25th and 26th of september and will be based in Beaumaris. Regarding accomodation ,i feel that rather than recommending a particular place which i will never have been to ,it would be much simpler if anyone needing to stay a night or two finds something online.There are dozens of choices from small hotels,pubs with rooms,guest houses and b&b's in town with caravan/camping sites not far away. (and by then the prices should be down from the high season ones)
The bumble will take the form of finding a suitable meeting point and meet at 09.00 ( there is a little car park by the beach a couple of miles out of Beaumaris on the road to Penmon which i am toying with the idea of doing a BBQ in at some stage depending on the weather and feedback from you guys as to whether its a good idea) or we could all meet at Gallows point outside ABC (wonder if Malc put the kettle on lol.) Depending on how many turn up we will split into groups and choose from various marks depending on the weather. The tides in the area are as follows , Sat - low water at 07.00 at 1.5 m , high tide 12.30 height 9.05 m. then low again at 19.30...........Sun low 07.30 ,high 13.00. We can maybe find a pub/cafe in Beaumaris which can be called the HQ where people can return to as and when they want to thru the weekend knowing that if anyone else is having a break/food etc will be in there and not somewhere else, (though this may depend on how far affield people are prepared to travel to get to marks) Sunday can be pretty much a repeat of saturday. Obviously any groups who want to have first /last light sessions can be arranged as well.

if you do intend to attend at some part of the weekend or for the whole thing then can we start a new list of names by posting a reply below,

Trev.

PS any help / suggestions thoughts welcome .

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will check my rota and see if I am working. If you could PM me when you sort out a meeting point that would be great, there are some cracking plugging marks in that neck of the woods

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok ...........so thats 7-8 bacon butties needed ! ( i will provide) i think for next year ,a bumble thread needs to be started much sooner and everything ( places to stay/eat etc) arranged well in advance......... whoever is turning up, shall we meet at 09.00 in the carpark/picnic area on the beach. Leave beaumaris and head in the penmon direction,after about a mile take the right turn for penmon. you will go past a radio mast on your right and then go into a few bends under the trees shortly after coming out of the tree cover there is a little turn on the right and a council height restricting barrier and various warning signs like " No bumbles aloud" and "strictly no pluggers" lol.......... this is the meeting point. we can decide at the time whether we should all fish together or split into two....also ,for anyone arriving later ,or coming on Sunday only we can exchange mobile numbers via pm's to make sure we meet up.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
One more buttie Trevor! I've just got the go-ahead on this and am in the process of working out how I get there and what time, then what day to head back (Sun or Mon).

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Bump.
I'm thinking about going on the ferry on Friday now, it's cheaper and I can bring a bigger, erm, selection of lures....

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Well I've got my accommodation booked. I'll get to Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll :shock: station early Friday afternoon. Apart from Rob and the possible John, will any others be about for a pre-bumble mini-bumble?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
0k, so only a week to go, heres a list of people who are coming ,and then there are several who said a while back that they hoped to come but we havnt heard anything since

myself
daz
rob f
nathan bell
fin "the brakes" c .......... oh youre never going to be allowed to forget that one bud........
tim murphy
john orrell
graeme barbour
glen roland
rains
dave buckley
ray
gary evans
kieth81
trev richardson
nicknwales
chris
colin kershwin

lets hope the weather is good to us, also from recent reports Anglesey is firing pretty well with some very nice fish being reported !!

i will appologise in advance that the bumble has not been so well organised as the south wales one, but it is a first little go,more of a get together and go out and see if we can move a few shirleys into the bargain............well i guess thats a "bumble" ...right? Next year we will get it sorted earlier, and better.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I will be there at some point, got a few issues at home that are over-riding things at the moment though.

Before I went to Jersey I PMed everybody who had expressed an interest in the Bumble as a reminder, and a massive thankyou to Trevor for keeping the Bumble spirit alive since then. We'll have a laugh, we WILL catch some good fish and we'll make some new great friends into the bargain!

Ladies and gentlemen, LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO BUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts