The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went pluggin for a few hours tonight to my local mark.conditions were superb & water was gin clear.didn`t catch but to be honest it was just nice gettin out of the house(and from the computer ,buying lures!!)having being lure fishing properly for 12 months i have never caught a fish off the surface.every time i tried , i had no confidence & switched back to a shallow lure .but after trying my new z-claw tonight i know its going to get me fish:wackit2: it just looked quality in the water.ive also bought a couple of tide minnows & a k-ten.all looked superb and will give me different options to the jts i mostly used last year.i reckon another week o`r so & they`re be in!!:-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Billy, they will come mate I am sure !

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
hi billy,waters lookin nice around the north wales coast at the moment.....not long now mate.do you have a t,shad chug bug in your surface collection bil or yo zuri green mack popper?cheers daz

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi darren,yes i have both lures in those colours :-D. the chug bug in both sizes & the mag popper in the smaller size.both still unopened!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
just open those boxes that Daz said, chug bug and mag popper will catch any bass in north wales ..off the top...( if they are around the area you are fishing,..... when you are there).............thats the hard part.........also we are just about coming up to the right water temps on the west anglesey coast so keep at it and it wont be long at all .......would try rhosneigr/cymyran/llanddwyn island or dinas dinlle areas now for best chance

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
if your not havin follows on the big bug bil then switch to smaller size.if that doesnt work switch to mag or patchinko.i find small chugs work better when fish are shoaling and large size when fish need wakin up .ditch the xmas tree on the back treble and gain a few yards.also check bugs for bouyancy as some copies fill and go arse down...bin em.i also say that with the zuri popper....arse down bin em.good luck and tight lines bud.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the tips lads.i`ll give it another go tonight.i live in newborough so llanddwyn is where i do 90 % of my fishing:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts