The Lure Forums banner

Anne Summers vibrator outfishes Feed shallow, Flies and Live-sandeel !

773 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  bob jameson 
#1 ·
Hi everyone , First post , just hoping to give you guys a laugh . Some of you may have already seen my catch report and for that apologies ,for those who haven't I hope you enjoy it . Cheers Danny What a day Thursday was:-D. Julian my fishing buddy and I headed west ,as it was bright sunshine and northerly winds we decided to stop off at Courtmacsherry to dig some sandeels incase the bass were in a finicky mood. It was hard going but eventually I got enough and we carried on to the venue. I let Julian cover the area with the fly rod first before we'd spooked any of the fish sitting in the shallows . He managed a lovely 5.5lber on a long clouser ,the usual trophy shots were taken for the website and the fish returned . He had a few more follows but no takes in the bright conditions. While he was at that i got the sandeels in the keep . Then it was time for operation dildo! I had been thinking of a funny challenge in the lure department, vegetable?, pen? , as soon as it popped into my head there was no going back I was going to catch a bass using a sex aid as a lure . After browsing the Anne Summers dildo section i soon realised that a lot of them were looking pretty technical not to mention expensive:-o at the bottom of the list my prayers were answered "The Silver Bullet" , now known as the love plug and at 15 euro is cheaper than a lot of lures , dual function aswell, her indoors is sorted for xmas now. I didn't want to make the love plug unrecognisable eyes, feathers etc . I tied a treble on the line and just used 2 cable ties to attach the dildo with a bead to stop it sliding down too far. Julian ofcourse thought I'd lost the plot as i made him film me setting up . After about 10 casts vibrator off , 10 vibrator on i was beginning to think the same. Then i stopped to check the sandeel keep to find the entrance had opened in the swell and most of the eels had escaped. My mood plummeted, "1.5 hours effing digging eels and losing them messing about with a stupid dildo WTF are you doing boy" i thought to myself , Julian headed off along the rocks to let me simmer:x. 3 depressed cast with my dopey lure later and it all changed , the water exploded 8 metres out and the rod hooped to a good fish, i was on top of the world . I yelled out to Julian spooking everything around but i didn't care over he came and filmed the rest of the action. We landed the 6lber in a gulley and took the trophy shots , I'm sure the fish was embarrassed as i put her back in the water . I took off the dildo immediately and set about catching a couple on the feed shallow. Then it went quiet on the lures so we float fished the remaining eels and caught a couple more ,all decent fish but none of the fish were bigger than the one that fell for the love plug...... Julian did lose a monster , not much smaller than the 12lber he had in June, a few yards out got it stuck in the weed , got out of that then the hook came out , will teach him to use feed shallows without changing their pathetic hooks! Apologies for the essay but its not every day you..... well you know what i mean . Hope you enjoy the little film made with my digital camera . Oh yeah the vibration was off when i caught the fish , it was just for a laugh and i'm not recommending people start using dildo's as lures, this was a one off for fun! Also if anyone thinks its a hoax get a camcorder and you can come film me do it again . Its not the size and shape of your tackle its how you use it ;-). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OK_dLp65B4

See less See more
#12 ·
I will admit to having made a vibrating SP (XLayer) and having been involved in inventing a vibrating plug. Both are still in the trial stage.

Would they work on freshwater predators I wonder?????

BTW it's not so easy to get the mechanics into a "real" lure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.