The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was nice out last evening so I thought I better go out again, just in case i was missing out on the fun. The fishing here has gone nuts in the last couple of weeks.

I fished away at the big fish mark for a while but no sightings (shallow water) lead me to think maybe there was nothing there so I mived along the coast a bit.

just stuck 2 lures in my pocket, rod in hand and off i go. Can't bait fish that light!!

Few casts in doing an odd retreive with an Angel Kiss 140. Kind of like a Patchinko retreive but fairly quick. Winding medoum speed but tapping the tip like making the patchinko walk the dog.

This guy liked my action!!

Bass28.06.jpg

I knew it wasn't size for the club so no stress (didn't have the scales or a tape) and it went back quickly. Measuring against the size of the lure (140mm) it must be about 42cm so bigger than I thought it was but still under personal size limit. The missus is getting annoyed at not having any to eat. She'll have to wait, I keep catching them outside of my slot size which is 3.5-7lb, either above or below so far. I'll get there...

Anyway on with the fishing. Found a chap further along who turned out to be the nice guy who netted my big one the other week. He has become obsessed with lures going every day and finally got his first ever bass last night. It looked about 3.5lb to me. Nice one!! he was absolutely stoked and is now looking to join our C&R bass club. Seems watching me return the 9-12 sank in!! :-D

So I carried on and as it got dusk there started to be soe action. Swirls, fish jumping, had a take and fish on, then fish off. Bum. Missed another 2 fish and saw lots more all over the place. It wasn't to be as it all went quiet shortly after.

Guess when all the action with fish exploding was?? You guessed it. Peak negative solunar effect co-inciding with moonrise. To the minute. Even if that was not the correct tide for the mark the fish went with the solunar stuff.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Nice report Andy .... there must be something with that solunar effect hey!?

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Cheers for the report Andy. I must admit I have been more than a bit sceptical on the solunar front, You are bending my will with all this evidence though.... :idea::idea::idea:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well done Andy.

Solunar events make a difference imho. I don't base all my fishing around it but when things slot together, I'm there if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report again Andy, well done :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts