The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's not been going to plan... Far from it!!

It's not like i'm not trying, it just seems there is absolutely naff all about to catch.

I popped down the cliffs toda, somewhere I have been before, once, in the dark and I eventually found a way down today, though I will admit that I resorted to bulldozer tactics or part of the way down as it was less than clear where the "path" might have been. Some of these places are so infrequently visited that there simply is not a path.

Rocks2..JPG

Don't it look nice though...

Rock1..JPG

Unfortunately there were no fishies there. Tried the SP's, slow and twitchy with the Xlayers looking for a wrasse or 2 but not a touch, didn't see a follow either. Also had a go with a Zonk on various retrieves but no joy there either.

Slightly odd to see but as I was on my way back up, a bloke had appeared sunbathing on the rock I had just been on?? Didn't see him come down and didn't spot him as I left which is odd. Seemed not to have any fishing gear with him. Not exactly a pleasant or easy walk through brambles, gorse and blackthorn to go for a quick lie down???!!

Sunbathe..JPG

Another path noted for summer... This is a known mark in the autumn for Huss, Eel and Raymonds in the autumn but the path is less than used at the moment. I found the correct path on the way up again, much easier to see from below due to the overgrowth of bramble and gorse in flower hard to see through from above.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Aye theres a certain well known wheel barrow rock in Jersey where men like to go to "sunbathe" with each other lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Aye theres a certain well known wheel barrow rock in Jersey where men like to go to "sunbathe" with each other lol

yeh i stumbled across them last week, it was like the last turkey in the shop staring up at me!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Andy, the mark and water look beautiful so I am sure it will be a good spot later in the year. To be fair, the fish down here are well spread so you aren't alone....

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good report Andy, looks a great place to fish, hard luck on the blank !

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was overcast most of the time and a few spots of rain when I decided to come back up. No phone signal down there but it's fine once you get back off the rocks onto the cliff "vegetation".

Looks the mutts nuts and normally fished at night. I have heard of Conger, huss, blonde ray, giltheads, big bass and mullet plus black bream down there on bait. Maybe it's not one for an awful North wind!!

I would go out tonight but the NE7 has put me right off. So much of our coast becomes very uncomfy with a NE it's unbleivable. Give me a SW gale any day!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Unlucky Andy. Next time!!... Does look very clear. Same here at the moment and I get the feeling from having caught a few that the bulk of the fish have been further out and deeper because of it. Here anyway.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Tried the SP's, slow and twitchy with the Xlayers looking for a wrasse or 2 but not a touch, didn't see a follow either.
Have you tried any of the HRF techniques we are using ? We don't so many takes either with it moving all the time, no matter how slow.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have tried a few pauses but the wind was causing me a problem down there. I had taken the rocksweeper as I didn't know what to expect when I surveyed it in daylight. Will take the LRF rod next time!! The rocksweeper is fairly good at detection and I tried a few pauses but was finding it hard to keep contact with the wind and a too heavy for purpose rod. Infeet or Salty Shot next trip...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
There's a few of you problems Andy.

We are working hard on modified ( windy conditions ) methods and believe me, the line, the jig weight and the rod makes a massive difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts