The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Another clonking big bass :clap: :clap:. Seeing another beauty caught today, is doing nothing for my motivation to be sitting in work !! That Zonk looks pristine too - was it it's first cast :?:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Superb fish Pat, well done!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
LOVELY bass Pat,
Looks like the fishing in ireland is kicking up a gear-enjoy it while it lasts!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good lure caught fish

That Zonk looks pristine too - was it it's first cast :?:
It was relatively new. On its first outing a good pollack gave it a good thrashing and forced the lip up. After posting here, getting some advice and looking up Graham Hill's blog I carefully shaved the node at the back the lip and got it operational again:-D. Thanks everyone who gave advice as I thought this zonk was going to be consigned to the shelf....and they're expensive enough!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done Pat lovely fish mate......................

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Pat - you're killing me! The fishing is really on fire for you over there....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....The fishing is really on fire for you over there....
Yes, the fishing is good at the moment, but would you believe last season was better. Last year I managed 7 doubles; this year 1 so far.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Now I have a target to aim at....match Pat Connolly's surface caught fish:-D:-D:-D.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes, the fishing is good at the moment, but would you believe last season was better. Last year I managed 7 doubles; this year 1 so far.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Now I have a target to aim at....match Pat Connolly's surface caught fish:-D:-D:-D.
come on pat you can do it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts