The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for silly questions and please don't feel offended.
I have come accross this forum only thanks to a tracking system installed on one of my websites and was really surprised to see another lure forum for UK anglers. Well, this site looks more salty than others;-)

Do you advertise the forum somewhere to attract new users? . If not mentioned tracking system I would not find myself on here.
Is there really a need for another lure forum in the UK? I am sure you must have been posting on other forums before this one was created.

I will let know guys on www.polishanglers.com website (which I have a pleasure to run) about this great site and I am sure you will gain more users. There is many keen and really good lure anglers over there and they look forward to get more familiar with lure fishing in the sea.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hi Artur, welcome to the lure forum!

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the board and look forward to your contributions :D

We are a new dedicated sea lure forum that has come about as a progression of another forum's sub section - we felt that we needed a bigger and more comprehensive site to adress all aspects of lure fishing - entailing a huge amount of effort by the creators to get it off the ground :)

We have got some very ambitious plans in the pipeline - we are just finding our feet (we are only 2 months old!) and personally I am pleased at the strong growth and content we have to date :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sorry for silly questions and please don't feel offended.
I have come accross this forum only thanks to a tracking system installed on one of my websites and was really surprised to see another lure forum for UK anglers. Well, this site looks more salty than others;-)

Do you advertise the forum somewhere to attract new users? . If not mentioned tracking system I would not find myself on here.
Is there really a need for another lure forum in the UK? I am sure you must have been posting on other forums before this one was created.

I will let know guys on www.polishanglers.com website (which I have a pleasure to run) about this great site and I am sure you will gain more users. There is many keen and really good lure anglers over there and they look forward to get more familiar with lure fishing in the sea.

Hey welcome

I'm glad to see from your welcome page that you aim to improve relations with British anglers and educate some of the polish guys on our laws and fishing "culture". It's true that some eatern europeans, not just polish, dont understand that we practice catch and release particularly for coarse fish on our rivers and stillwaters. Please dont be offended, unfortunately it's a fairly common opinion that does have some truth to it. I've had personal experience with some eastern european guys poaching on my clubs trout water but that's another story!!!!

I'm just glad there are people like you aiming to address this issue and help protect our rivers fish populations. I know Rivers like the Ver and Colne, that I'm sure you are aware of living in St Albans, have had enough problems with over extraction and polution in the last few decades without people taking the fish for food.

Keep up the good work.

Just one suggestion for your site though, if possible can more of the information also be translated to english? This would only help the situation as english anglers would be interested to see the good work you're doing and you might just change a few peoples attitudes along the way :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi there Arther,

I think you will find that this is the most specialized lure forum that there is available in the UK and Ireland , our growth on here has been fantastic, in such a short space of time.! But what is even more impressive is the actual members on here, their knowledge and experience is truly first class! Its started of buy a small bunch of good friends, very dedicated lure anglers, i might add, and just wanted to do something a little different and more specialized.

Your questions are not silly and its good that someone like your good self has brought it up, you will find nothing but fun and hopefully..... something new and interesting on this forum, as we are all here to learn.

Kind Regards

Nathan

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I will certainly be often guest on her as sea lure fishing is something that I am really interested in at the moment.
Arthur a very warm welcome to you indeed.

I think you will find this forum populated with some very good open-minded anglers who are willing embrace both new tackle and certain techniques a bit easier than many in the freshwater predator fishing world.

If you like saltwater fishing with lures and flies you really have come to the right place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just one suggestion for your site though, if possible can more of the information also be translated to english? This would only help the situation as english anglers would be interested to see the good work you're doing and you might just change a few peoples attitudes along the way :)

Good luck!
It might be a problem to translate everything into English, simply because it is still pretty difficult for me and I don’t have much time do to so. I know that many English anglers are browsing our website and the forum and they use google translator which makes it readable to some extent. I will be starting an English section of articles but this will grow slowly. I will publish there, with some delay, articles written or translated for LAS magazine and these are going to be articles on lure fishing only.

If anyone of you guys would like to write something on lure fishing in the sea it will be very welcomed and I would put this on the website in English and translate into Polish.:-D

I am looking forward the new season in the sea, going to buy small dinghy with aluminium floor and explore areas between Brighton and Dover in search of bass.
I will certainly keep you updated how I’m getting on and ask some questions on here.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
If anyone of you guys would like to write something on lure fishing in the sea it will be very welcomed and I would put this on the website in English and translate into Polish.
What type of thing would interest them ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What type of thing would interest them ?
Well, I would say anything on bass. There are no experienced bass anglers on our forum and we just started learnig - but note that those who try target bass are very experienced in catching zander, pike, perch and other predatory fish (some with great success during LAS fish-ins) so they would rather expect specific information on finding bass and tactics, how weather affects fishing, what state of tide to fish etc. I would personally like to know something about trolling from a small boats close inshore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts