The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a late night session at bouley bay around high tide last night. Went to my new favourite spot nothing, tried all around the lights nothing, then back to my new favourite spot for a few more casts.
Just after mid night with what was going to be and was my last cast I hooked into a nice pollack. Again I caught this of a bodged worm.
This time in yellow with a slighty bigger lead. I had tried all sorts with no success.
I have actually now pre-rigged a couple of worms with leads and a swivel so I can swap them between other SPs with no fuss.

The SP

The Fish
It gave a decent fight on my Berkley lightening rod 15-40gm my new rod is now on the Island just need to get it from JP. It would have been very insteresting trying to land this guy with my new rod.

PS: what is everyone doing with regards to landing fish on LRF rods from
1) Piers
2) Rocks

Thanks all

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jeremy! Good fish that!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well done Jeremy,

Drop nets and landing nets are probably under used by most of us.

I have had some very scary moments over the years landing decent fish without a net -- 6' swell 6lb Bass and light rod comes to mind. Funny thing is that I loaned Keith my Cormoran ULF last night and he landed a couple of Pollack 1.5 to 1.75lb without a net, but both of us had landing nets with us.

For rock marks a landing net is best, Snowbee make quite a nice won that colapses small and can be strapped to the rod for ease of transport. there are also some colapsable drop nets that can be put in a ruck sack (not sure if they are sold locally).

The inside of my shed door has two landing nets and three drop nets hanging on it --- maybe they should spend more time with me while I am fishing!

I Know that Liam H of this site lost a monster Bass (13lbish) last year in a big swell situation without a net.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts