The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Glad to have finally taken the plunge and joined the forum.

Bit of background ....... apprentice lure fisherman with a slight casting problem...... ie I need to be able to cast about 80miles to hit saltwater from home! Seriously though, tend to fish anywhere between Humber and Tees estuaries, fairly regular, and hope to pick up on more venues and techniques from the forum. Visited Jersey earlier this year, came back with a lot more knowledge than I went with and now totally hooked on lures!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum Tony, we hope you enjoy, share your experiences with us and ask as many questions as you like :p

Reactions: Tony Marshall

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Tony. Give me a call when you're coming over my way next time and we'll see about meeting up.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Tony! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Trev, will do. With regards to your comment re middle of the North Sea - I'm a regular on the Predator out of Grimsby. Is this, by any chance, also one of your escape routes?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Unfortunately not Tony. I know the boat and I think my son has supplied some bait for one of it's trips but haven't been out on it myself. Most of my boat fishing has been from Whitby.

The North Sea reference is about my work on an oil platform mate and unfortunately for me the beggars won't let anyone fish..:evil::evil:

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well done for joining our little mad-house Tony. & thanks for making an introduction :clap:.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trev, I think I've cottoned on with the bait supply comment (Scott?) Eitherway, I started to fish 'the wall' last winter and as the humber & holderness are my 'local' winter spots, would appreciate catching up some time. Will drop you a PM whenever I've managed to make enough posts to do so etc. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds good Tony..Yep that's my lad..squidsin..Will definitely get some Cod trips in with you this winter mate..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds good Tony..Yep that's my lad..squidsin..Will definitely get some Cod trips in with you this winter mate..

Looking forward to it .............. had some decent cod in the estuary uptiding last year, but only managed whiting and flatties from the shore so .......... bring 'em on! cheers for now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts