The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just read Mark Wills and Paul Gunnings reports and like them I made the most of the beautiful calm conditions. I was walking to a mark when I noticed a relatively easy(ish) route down to some rocks that I had eyed before and looked worth investigating.
First cast I saw a small wrasse following my xlayer then a few later a really good line stripping take that came off and almost snagged me. Soon after I landed a really feisty fish around the 3lb mark and saw another swimming around it much like I've seen bass do. I had loads of bites and ended up with seven fish the biggest 3lb 7oz although I think one of them was the same fish twice.
What was interesting was the fish were really feisty today they all seemed to punch well above their weight.
I almost avoided any tackle losses today which was really pleasing, I only lost an xlayer that was pulled off by a wrasse. I was still using a cone head weedless setup and spent quite a while just trying to improve my technique of dropping it down the through the kelp on the side of rocks which seemed to pay dividends.

Interesting how the wrasse catching picks up on the Channel Islands and over here at the same time.

DSCN2154.JPG DSCN2159.JPG DSCN2158.JPG DSCN2155.JPG DSCN2157.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Great fishing again. Wrasse are amazing fun, and yes, they do seem to fight well this time of year but then I guess they are in peak condition before the winter months.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Andrew, Wrasse look stunning :p

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fishing there mate, got to dedicate a bit more time to the Wrasse next year, real good fun eh.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Matt and Tim.

Tim yes they all were pretty much from the same mark, it was a little rocky inlet, most I caught on the inside of the inlet over boulders but had a couple and more bites on the outside which was over reefs mixed with deep water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts