The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just been out for about 90 minutes after dark. I didn't get down there til 10pm but on my third cast I had a lovely bite on the drop. I love having to strike at bites, feeling the rod keep over. Much more interesting that things just going solid on a straight retrieve.

Turned out to be a healthy little bass around the 2lb mark.

bass..jpg

Interestingly, I have fished the same spot for the past 3 evenings running, and the only indications I have had of fish have all been within about a 10 minute gap! Outside of that I've waited pretty much biteless, despite fishing like a true pro - if I may say so myself?! Noted!

Also played around with some rigging ideas, most of which proved successful. just one or 2 little tweaks and it'll be sorted.

Playing around in the dark is definitely improving my confidence (and skill I think probably) in a lot of areas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well done Ben, you're on fire at the moment. Confidence in what you are doing is everything. Once you've tweaked your rigging ideas keep us informed, we never stop learning.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nice work Ben - your strike rate is pretty good at the moment - i'm bordering on being impressed ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. Have been quite happy with results since like I mentioned yesterday, I've only been fishing this mark because it's safe. I catch odd fish there but it's usually a struggle. Not going to be able to fish for about a week now so I'm a bit gutted :-(

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha.

Going fishing does help! I must admit, my strike rate seems very low when I'm sat in front of the computer. I think I've been doing something wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well done Ben, good to hear they've arrived at last, going to try to get out over the weekend although I know I've missed the best of this set of springs, hope you get back fishing soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts