The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there are only so many photo's of Pollack/Pout you can take guys but, we are still out there fishing the plastics at night.

Sat night, Paul B, The Squid, Kev, Liam H, Gaz, Tom Phillips (observing) and myself fished around the La Collette arm of Town Harbour.

I don't know the numbers, I can only guess. Everyone caught fish which is great. The tides though, much bigger and upto near 39ft right now made fishing the 'required' light plastics/jigs much harder. Keeping in contact with 3.5g in 40ft of flowing water isn't easy.

Kev with Pollack.

These pull on light gear.

Squid with a Pollack.

--->

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Liam H with a nice Pouting (white one up shad 3")

Small Pollack same plastic as above ( I took 5 fish before the tail was shot)

Tiny 4oz Pollack taken on a 1g with very small craw/creature plastic.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Close up of the jig.

Tom Phillips fished for 2 hours Sun night with me. He just had to have a go after seeing us on Sat night. I explained to him that the Sat fishing was actually pretty slow but... 1 day later, he hooked his first ultralite soft plastics fish EVER. He had a few. Another convert who said he had more bites in 2 hours of active fishing than in weeks of static bait fishing with baits he now realises are probably too selective.

Another one of Tom's small fish. He had a blast. Tom made do with Daiwa Porky pig, 10lb mono and I supplied the jigs and plastics. I let him fish the Cormoran ULX and again, withing half a dozen casts he had 4 fish. The ULX really does help detect more hits. Tom was amazed we were fishing braid so thin.

More trips are planned this week.
Anyone is welcome to try and some of us have multiple soft plastics outfits so, if you want to come along...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great stuff guys, beats Dancing on Ice anytime!

Might have to sneak down on our new quay for a dabble myself.

Hee hee, more stuff to buy!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I definately intend to pop down this week Kev, so I'll look out for your texts as to when you're doing it. Week days are easier for me generally, if theyre not tuesdays.

As I mentioned, I dont have a rod suitable for such light fishing, though I am awaiting delivery of the rod that Vidar suggested the other day (Major Craft Saltic ST 822L), so no idea whether that might be worth a go with a 2500 reel? Otherwise I'll be sponging gear I'm afraid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts