The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, just to recharge my batteries I popped out again for a very short session this evening. Less swell today, it was a toughy. Must admit, I felt like patting myself on the back at one point though. Having spent 10 minutes in an easy access spot, another angler turned up and started fishing nearby. Good to see people out, but feeling the area we were in was a little lifeless, I spotted some moving water in the distance and ignoring my chance to say hello to whoever the chap was, I legged it up the cliff and ran around to the fishy looking area I'd spotted in the distance. Must have taken 15 minutes, but very first cast and I was in to a schoolie. Still puffing from my run.... aaaaah, that's better! Well worth the effort. Had I been a lazy bones - all to easy to do on a short sesh - I probably wouldn't have caught. Nothing more from the bass but I did find the mackerel again, struggling to get large lures in their mouthes. Eventually lost one before the scad turned up and had a couple more of those. Nice night.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done, Ben - cheered you up to make the right move I bet. As Alex said - maybe you should have stayed. He could have been a customer in the making....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one getting out Ben. Not had a Scad from shore yet, maccy always a nice little scrap though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool Ben, glad you're finding time to get out there! Had a chance to check your site and it's looks fantastic, very impressed, good selection of stuff and will try and pop in someday if make it down your way. All the best with it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts