The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another trip over to the Mull of Galloway last weekend with a couple of mates. Really good weekend although we thought the Bass fishing may have been a bit better. As last time, spent the days Pollock fishing on the west side and dawn and dusk fishing the east side for Bass.

Managed to catch on every of the five sessions we had and got my p.b. Pollock at four and a half pounds but we saw some much bigger fish. Between three of us we must have had fifty Pollock or so on float fished sandeel, jellies and SPs.

Bass fishing was a bit disapointing. Apparently it just hasn't fired there yet this year. I was the only one to catch, a little schoolie on a Sandeel Feed Shallow. Also had mackeral and lost what would have been a nice sized bass on another session.

Saw a seal smashing what must have been a five or six pound bass about 20 yards from me.

Back over at the end of August and can't wait already. Until then will be trying to improve on the one North East Bass I've had so far this year.....

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sounds as if you had a good time Pete......

Was Luce Bay gin clear? Usually is when I get over. Would be very tempted to night fish that based on what I've learnt from this Forum...you never know that might just be the best time...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds as if you had a good time Pete......

Was Luce Bay gin clear? Usually is when I get over. Would be very tempted to night fish that based on what I've learnt from this Forum...you never know that might just be the best time...
Water was mostly clear and calm. We did fish dusk into night, but with dawn sessions as well and camping rough we didn't fish past about 2am as we were only getting about three hours sleep.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sweet pollack :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts