The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went again today since it wasn't raining. Different mark and again i got my new reel tested.

First fish was a tiddler which hooked up quickly and went back easy.

next take however turned into a solid lump, big heavy shaking and string runs. got to have me a goodun here I was parying all the way in, saw it and not as big as it felt, a powerful fighting fish.

1205Wrasse.JPG

Another one at 44cm, just a shade under 45cm. Fought very hard and it was also a very lean fish, no belly on it so when weighed in the bag only went 3-2. So I guess the wrasse are just like bass with the length to weight thingy then!!

had a couple of other smaller ones til it started to get dark and I put the new fave X-Rap on, little 110 suspending one.

bang fish on, good scrap and snagged. ARRGGHHHHH!!! Could have been a bass but by the time I have bent the treble out fish was gone.

A few casts later and bang again, held deep and didn't fight much so when I saw it surface in the fading light I wasn't surprised. brown bass. he shook himself off the hook at my feet, saves me getting slimed. Looked about 3lb.

Another one next cast about a lb did slime me, horrid fish but good fun til they give up a few seconds into the fight.

And that was me, no light on me so had to leave.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Another nice fish Andy :clap:, but another decent fish that got away . . . . over here, if you were Bumbling with the Welsh, we'd call that 'Bad Angling' ;).

:D

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
You are finding those Wrasse Andy, great fishing fella!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts