The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is the correct forum, but just thought I would ask you guys if you knew why the scales on this wrasse are different towards the rear, it looked like a layer was missing and it was the same on both sides ?

The fish seemed in all other ways to be in good health

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Either my computer is playing up or Scalopetia is not in google Paul...!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
wonder if wrasse moult like dogs do when the water temp is up??, just a thought but its the same both sides,same place, thats what happens with short haired dogs

·
Registered
324 Posts
could be carl, wrasse are the master's of camoflague and blend with local enviroment, notice weed in the water is progressing so would tally with a flesh molt. Jeremy have also noticed a few wrasse with flesh imperfections but some were way back in march. its interesting to note the position of the molt, an area were more flesh movement and shedding of scales could possibily occur. sorry this is a six pint theory?
wonder if wrasse moult like dogs do when the water temp is up??, just a thought but its the same both sides,same place, thats what happens with short haired dogs

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I don't think they moult? It might be to do with nesting, or a skin condition caused by an old injury.

Remember Duncan Goodhew who went bald after falling out of a tree LOL. Scalopetia was not just a hair-brained suggestion.

Oh dear....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts